About the job
The Big Data Developer works on our SaaS platform, and brings passionate inquisitiveness, primary research, and forward thinking to every assignment. Through shared responsibility for all team deliverables, and communication with Product Owners as well as other stakeholders within the company, the Big Data Developer builds software to pass automated acceptance tests and to deliver sprint commitments.
You can expect a very international team of Developers who are based in Hamburg. As part of our self-organizing Scrum teams you’d be structuring 2-weeks-sprints following iterative methods. Our team sizes vary between 4 and 7 Developers. The hierarchies are set efficiently and the management style can be called hands-off; in other words, you are trusted to manage your own work.
Your key responsibilities:
- Design, develop and deliver scalable, high-performance, real-time data processing software using technologies such as Kafka, Spark, and Druid!
- Work proactively on the system architecture
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of right technologies
- Support the business and product stakeholders by developing new and innovative data driven products
- Implementing different, customized and often totally new features belongs to your daily tasks
- Interact with UI/UX Engineer to develop innovative ways to visualize huge amounts of data
- In our agile environment you will collaborate with the product management team to incorporate the needs of our customers
About the requirements:
- Several years of experience in big data technologies and tools
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Acquaintenance with one of the following technologies: Spark, Kafka, Druid, NoSQL-Databases
- Familiarity with the AWS-Stack of advantage
- Profound experience in programming with Java, Scala or a similar programming language
- Knowledge and experience in statistics methods, machine learning and AI
- Experience with relational database systems
You’re the kind who thinks outside the box and who’s fed up with deadlocked structures? Then don’t miss your chance and send across your application!Link: https://www.smaato.com/jobs/