The Allianz Group is one of the largest and most renowned financial services providers in the world, representing an international network of strong brands with first-class products. Above all, we strive for commitment to excellence in our daily business, in our relationships with customers, shareholders, employees and the community. Allianz Group serves more than 92 million customers in more than 70 countries.
Within Allianz Group, the Analytics Technology (AT) department as part of Global Technology and Architecture, is responsible for all technology topics relating to advanced analytics, artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, and modern big data solutions and distributed/scalable computing. The AT team is accountable for establishing a global state-of-the-art Global Data Platform (GDP), as well as for the end-to-end development of scalable analytics assets based on AI and machine learning. We are responsible for assessing new technologies on the market and we establish standards, best practices and architecture blue prints within the Group
The Global Data Platform (GDP) is an internal shared IT service which provides the functionalities and capabilities to support the transformation of Allianz into a data-driven company. The platform team is responsible to provide, operate and evolve these capabilities as services for our customers. Additionally we are managing the cloud infrastructure and the scalable, reliable and fault-tolerant technical services. Following our DevOps philosophy, we strive for continuous improvement of our tool stack by evaluating, contributing to, and integrating state-of-the-art technologies.
e are looking for a Big Data Solution Engineer who is as passionate about our vision as we are. This includes the following responsibilities:
- Develop testing procedures, run tests and approvals, ensure quality and integrate the system into the future environment
- Maintain and optimize the relevant system, ensure performance and availability and provide release- and patch management
- Rollout the Allianz Global Data Platform (GDP) to our customers and support the adaption of the technical services and the data capabilities
- Design the solutions of the complete use-case pipelines, from data ingestion to data processing, software deployment and feedback loop
- Understand and explain advantages and disadvantages of the proposed solutions to internal and external stakeholders
- Build and maintain data driven applications on top of GDP
- Define and apply best practices based on our platform
- Contribute to improve the GDP stack and define the final product
- Keep up with trends and evolving technology in the big data and analytics world
- Look for opportunities to improve performance, reliability and automation
- Write technical documentation, announcements, and blog posts
- University degree in Computer Science or similar
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (we have components written in Angular, Coljure, Python, Scala, Elm etc.)
- Software engineering (micro services, design patterns, version control, automated testing, concurrent programming etc.)
- Continuous integration, deployment, and delivery
- Competence in running big data workloads in production at scale
- Data Engineering Pattern (Ingestion, Transformation, Storage, Consumption etc.)
- Event-based systems (deep knowledge on the Kafka confluent stack)
- Databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, Neo4J, Stardog)
- Cloud Storage (Azure Datalake or AWS S3 with EMR)
- Distributed systems (e.g. Spark)
- Knowledge Graph (e.g. Stardog)
- General understanding of Infrastructure, Orchestration and IT Security Principles (especially on an enterprise level)
- Advanced Experience with Linux
- Containerization / Container Orchestration (Docker & Kubernetes)
- DevOps mindset (you build it, you run it; taking responsibility for your work)
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies and tools
- Team player open to work in an agile environment
- Fluent English (written and spoken) is a must, other languages are a plus
- Capability of result oriented communication with people from different departments with different skill sets
- Readiness to mentor new team members and junior colleagues
- Ability to carry out tasks independently in non-standardized (ever-changing) work situations
Diversity & Inclusion are not only words to us. Show us what makes you unique and together we give them a meaning. Your CV is the necessary document, that will help us do that. All other files such as Cover Letter for the position, University Transcripts, Diploma and Employer Testimonials/References are advisable and desired by the Hiring Department for a more comprehensive application assessment
Reference Code AZTE-7427851-10
Allianz Group is one of the most trusted insurance and asset management companies in the world. Caring for our employees, their ambitions, dreams and challenges, is what makes us a unique employer. Together we can build an environment where everyone feels empowered and has the confidence to explore, to grow and to shape a betterfuture for our customers and the world around us. Join us. Let’s care for tomorrow.
We at Allianz believe in a diverse and inclusive workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage you to bring your whole self to work, no matter where you are from, what you look like, who you love or what you believe in.
At the core of the Group’s strength lies digitalization and its promise of growth opportunities through a ‘digital by default’ strategy. Allianz Technology SE is the principal driver behind transforming Allianz into a digital group – a quest to which nearly 7,500 Allianz Technology SE employees around the globe have committed themselves. Allianz Technology SE equips the Group with the most cutting edge digital solutions in the industry, bringing Allianz to the fingertips of its customers. At Allianz Technology SE , innovation is more than a buzzword; it is the business of the day, every day.
We are interested in your strengths and experience. This means that we welcome all applications, irrespective of other characteristics such as gender, ethnic background, origin or any disability.
Allianz Technology SE