Beat is a platform that transforms the way people move in their cities. Tap on a button on your smartphone and you get a ride in just a few minutes.
In early 2017 Mytaxi, a subsidiary of Daimler A.G, acquired Beat. Beat started its life as Taxibeat, 6 years ago in Europe and 3 years ago expanded its operations to Peru where it serves millions of rides every single month. It is already establishing its position in South America with Chile being the latest new market and Colombia following soon.
How are we going to achieve that?
By constantly growing our world-class engineering team and continuing to invest on building and maintaining our world-class Big Data stack. To this end we are opening a new engineering hub in Berlin that will work in close collaboration with our Data Science and Big Data teams in Athens on building the next generation of Beat’s Big Data stack, serving both our analytics teams and our product teams.
About the role
We’re looking for a passionate Big Data Systems Engineer to build and maintain our growing Big Data stack. As a member of our engineering team you will help build the next generation of our Big Data infrastructure, write tools to monitor and maintain it.
What you’ll do day in day out:
- Work with our DevOps, Data Science and Big Data Engineering teams in Athens and help design and implement the next generation of our Big Data stack.
- Monitor, maintain, automate and enhance our Big Data infrastructure using the latest frameworks and tools. Preempt and respond to incidents.
- Employ agile methodologies to maintain a high quality infrastructure while minimizing operational disruptions.
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Physics, Computer Science or Engineering. Higher degrees are highly appreciated as is considerable experience with Machine Learning, Statistical Analysis, Big Data Analytics in the industry.
- At least 2 years of experience in developing production-grade software using either Big Data or Machine Learning frameworks in order to solve real-world problems.
- Expert knowledge of UNIX-based systems.
What it’s nice to have:
- Proven hands-on experience with Apache Hadoop, Spark, Spark Streaming. Familiarity with Tensorflow or CNTK is a bonus.
- Experience with Message Brokers (e.g. RabbitMQ, Kafka)
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases.
- Knowledge of non-relational databases (one or more of MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch)
- Experience in version control (Git preferable)
What’s in it for you
- The chance to bring in your own ideas
- A strong team spirit
- Excellent monetary benefits (a pension plan, a monthly mobility allowance for free taxi rides, subsidised public transport ticket)
- Have your birthday off!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Beat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.Link: https://de.mytaxi.com/jobs/