Business Intelligence Manager/
Data Scientist (m/f)
Urban Sports Club is an online-based sports club that provides an all-inclusive membership for sports venues across the city. With a single monthly subscription customers can do sports at more than 1500 studios offering more than 40 different types of sports and thousands of activities every week.
So why not fitness on Monday, yoga on Tuesday, climbing on Wednesday, tennis on Thursday, martial arts on Friday, team sports on Saturday and on Sunday have a message and relax at one of the many saunas? Use the Urban Sports app to check in at our partner venues and get access to the greatest sports offer you can get.
We are currently active in more than 10 cities and are continuously expanding to other cities.
To strengthen our team, we are searching for a Business Intelligence Manager/Data Scientist (f/m) for our Berlin office.
About the role
This role is located in our office in Berlin and is an exciting opportunity to work in a team of passionate professionals who apply best practices of software development to build a well-specified, scalable product based on strongly modularized architecture, automated testing and deployment.
- You have the full responsibility of developing our BI architecture
- You set up and enhance BI / DWH / tracking systems and create reporting structures
- You build the BI infrastructure with external data sources
- You will co-develop the product & marketing approach based on a data-driven understanding of people’s health, fitness objectives and customer behavior
- You provide the quantitative view of our company by collecting, processing and analyzing all sorts of data
- You communicate proactively with all departments to understand the business requirements and to enhance decision-making throughout the whole organization
- You have 3+ years of hands-on working experience as a data scientist or in relevant fields
- You have a very good understanding of database architecture, tracking concepts and very good data modeling skills
- You are very good with SQL, Excel, large data sets and stores
- You love to develop new concepts, standards and processes and efficiently implement those in a complex, fast paced environment
- You are strongly focused on number-based analysis, and structured problem solving
- You are an excellent problem-solver who enjoys finding creative solutions of difficult challenges
- You have full drive and excitement for a startup´s work reality and willing to go the extra mile to succeed
- Experience in any programming language (Python, Ruby, PHP, Go) is a plus
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, RDS, Redshift is a plus
- Experience with Tableau and Hadoop is a plus
- You are fluent in both, written and spoken English
What you can expect from us
- To be treated as an equal partner, your opinion on every aspect of product and process is important
- Freedom to decide how you work to get things done around our core hours
- Flat team hierarchy
- You will be evaluated solely based on the results
- Healthy work environment (free premium access for you and your friend or partner to all offers on Urban Sports Club)
- Best tools and equipment to get the job done
- A work process aimed at minimizing interruptions, we´ll support you to try the best new technologies and grow professionally
- Monthly team events
- Competitive salary
- Relocation assistance, if needed
We are looking forward to your application (incl. your CV, motivation letter,
earliest start date and your salary expectations)!
Please apply via the following link: