- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience serving in the capacity of a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or experience in a customer facing role.
- Experience with database technologies.
- Experience with data migration strategies and moving large scale production systems.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or other technical field.
- Experience with optimizing database performance with respect to transactional and/or analytic workloads.
- Technical sales experience or professional consulting experience in the fields of systems integration, large scale data transfer/management, and enterprise database performance.
- Experience in disaster recovery (DR) and data backup strategies.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Cloud/IT technology space and strong
- Ability to travel as required.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Googles global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Customer Engineer, you will work hand-in-hand with technical Sales teams as an enterprise database subject matter expert to differentiate and paint the vision of Google Cloud to our customers. You will help prospective customers and partners understand the power of Google Cloud, explaining technical features, helping customers design architectures, engage in proof of concepts, and troubleshoot potential roadblocks related to database (and app) migration and data back ends for new app development.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build whats next for their business all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Work with teams to identify and qualify business opportunities, understand key customer technical objections and develop the strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Share in-depth storage and database expertise to support the technical relationship with Googles customers.
- Work with customers to demonstrate and prototype Google Cloud product integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices on Google Cloud.