Are you passionate about creatively using technology, and both learning new things, as well as going deep into the technologies you use? Do you like the challenge of working with big data systems, operating at a very large scale of data?
Our data engineering team is looking for a skilled data architect and -engineer, who is an expert on systems level and can help define, build and optimize our core analytics and data science data structures.
We are looking for seasoned professionals, with a broad understanding of diverse database technologies, data warehouses, structured data formats and ETL data pipelines.
Interested? Apply today!
Get an inside look at data science at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- Our search engine creates massive amounts of log data every day, which is the basis for our analytics and data science activities. You will be the owner of our core data tables, and together with our data engineers define efficient pipelines and table structures for the large community of data analysts and data scientists at trivago, that have to work with them on a daily basis.
- Usability of the core tables is key for high productivity of data analysts and scientists. The role involves to understand their needs, but also to keep in mind the changeability of the log input data as trivago’s search systems constantly evolve.
- Data quality, and stability of data pipelines are key to our analytics world and for our partners. You will define and implement data quality check approaches and tools.
- Ensure the solutions being defined are reusable and follow good design patterns and architecture principles. Our core logs are all already structured using a binary format. You understand and have worked with such formats, e.g. Avro, Protobuf, Thrift, and know how to use them well.
- Ensure schema and naming consistency of the core datasets, and establish a common data vocabulary.
- Operational responsibility for the core data sets. This involves quality checks before changes go live, investigation in case of issues, and the coordination of incident resolution.
- Collaborate with and provide consultation to other teams in trivago, operations, product and business intelligence teams that work with the core data sets.
- Work with data engineering on the data lineage and data catalog tooling that will help users explore our data structures more easily.
What you’ll definitely need:
- High degree of expertise working with different data models and abstraction levels, including the relational model, NoSQL and structured binary formats.
- A good foundation in programming languages and systems architecture, ideally experience in OOP using Java and other languages.
- Experience with Hadoop and large data sets.
- Ability to model complex data structures.
- Degree (bachelor or master) in Computer Science.
- To be comfortable communicating in English (our company language).
- The ability to work closely with stakeholders in other teams, understand requirements and map them to technical solutions.
- Good communication skills.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Visit https://company.trivago.com/our-product/