ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Retail Operations – Team Sizing & In-season Algorithms
Reports to: Engineering Lead
Team Size: <10
Recruiter Name, E-mail: Rebecca Werner, firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Data Backend Engineer in the Team Sizing & In-season Algorithms, you’ll build data-driven products that help Zalando to place the right orders for the right articles at the beginning of each buying season. Systems you’ll build provide recommendations for quantities and sizes of each new article.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Take the ownership for designing, developing, deploying and operating end-to-end solutions
- Deliver high quality software by paying strong attention to API design, automated tests, performance and system resilience
- Work in a cross functional team consisting of developers, designers, product managers and product analysts
- Proactively share knowledge and learn from your peers
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 4+ years of experience in Python
- Experience in system architecture and RESTful API design
- Experience in building and maintaining microservice-based systems in the cloud, preferably AWS
- DevOps and CI/CD mindset
WHAT WE OFFER
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available only in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
At Retail Operations, we provide the technological backbone that drives our core retail business on the supplier-facing side. We build state-of-the art B2B & enterprise systems that connect Zalando seamlessly with our suppliers - from onboarding product catalogues to creating the best online multimedia content, and from aligning purchase quantities to scheduling deliveries into our warehouses. To our 2000+ suppliers, we offer easy ways to integrate and collaborate with Zalando - through our supplier portal, standard EDI and web-based REST APIs. To our 1000+ internal users we offer highly automated processes that allow them to focus on everything machines cannot do on their own. To do this, we build state-of-the systems using a variety of technologies, such as HTML/JS, Java, Scala, Kotlin and Python - all as cloud-based microservices.
For more information about Retail Operations Business Unit, click here.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.Link: https://jobs.zalando.com/