Scout24 Insights and Analytics is a diverse team of data experts that unlocks business value in product development, marketing and customer experience by enabling self-service of data and information and providing deep business insights. We are looking for a Data Engineer who is excited about building scalable data flows and bringing innovative new ideas on information discovery to live.
What you will do at Scout24:
- Build and maintain scalable, high performing data-processing workflows with a focus on extensibility.
- Work closely with data analysts to realize the full power of data through impactful insights and automated reporting.
- Act as consultant / coach to support analysts in a dynamic environment, making sure we stay on top of the technology wave.
- Work in a diverse, agile environment.
What we need you to bring:
- You make sure that you create high-quality software, by writing readable, well-designed code and thorough testing.
- Hands-on experience with Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Presto, Hive, Kafka).
- Fluent in Scala, Python, SQL, ideally with experience in Spark.
- Strong communication skills and a desire to share skills and knowledge through collaboration and coaching.
- Enthusiasm for learning and keeping up to date with emerging data-processing technologies.