BI Platform team at GoEuro is responsible for maintaining the engineering infrastructure and data platform for business intelligence, reporting and analytics with a vision of making GoEuro a truly data driven organization.
We are searching for a Data Engineer with in-depth skills in distributed data processing and big data technologies and experience in writing complex data pipelines that process terabytes of data per day.
As a data engineer, you will get the opportunity to shape the future of data-driven decision making at GoEuro by enabling the BI analysts, data scientists, product owners and other stakeholders to draw insights from our data.
You will not only be responsible for keeping the data pipeline running but also will play a key role in the evolution of the our data platform in order to make it future-proof in an increasingly complex data-driven environment. You will draw on your data engineering experience and knowledge to establish a state of the art data platform that will help mature the analytics function at GoEuro and open the doors for advanced analytics.
As a Data Engineer at GoEuro you will be responsible for
- Participating in the development and maintenance of the analytics data platform for the whole company.
- Evolving the platform to make it more robust and scalable.
- Supporting the data warehouse, data lake and ETL jobs to ensure that the data is available to the consumers in a reliable, trustworthy and predictable manner.
- Creating self-serving tools for data ingestion, quality tracking and consumption.
- Closely collaborating and supporting BI analysts, data scientists and other consumers of data.
You are smart, nice to work with and love data? Great! In addition to that, you also need:
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
- Hands-on experience in building large-scale, distributed data platforms in the cloud.
- Experience with Apache Spark, Hadoop, Hive, AWS Kinesis, Kafka or similar distributed data processing tool chain.
- Programming experience in analyzing and manipulating data - preferably in Python, Scala or Java.
- Deep knowledge of SQL queries and traditional data warehousing and data modeling fundamentals. Experience in working with data warehouses like Redshift, Snowflake or BigQuery is an advantage.
- Familiarity with stream and batch data processing patterns
- Experience with investigating and fixing data quality issues
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Great communication skills for proactively communicating with stakeholders
- Fluent in English, both speaking and writing (English is our office work language)
What can you expect from GoEuro?
- Exciting technical challenges to work on and great everyday opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
- A diverse team of over 40 nationalities.
- Free lunches, yoga, German lessons and more.
- Competitive compensation, visa and relocation support when needed.
Do you recognize yourself?
We can’t wait to hear from you!Link: https://www.goeuro.de/jobs/