PostgreSQL , ElasticSearch, AWS DynamoDB, Python
If you are looking to have an impact on the world then read carefully because at Choco we are moving mountains to transition the world into sustainable food systems.
The food industry is one of the oldest and largest industries that exists. It’s an industry with essential problems, especially regarding the food supply chain.
We are leveraging technology to bring change and start the necessary transformation the industry is craving for.
In 2018 we entered the market with our chat-based ordering app and have drastically changed the way businesses work and order with their suppliers.
Therefore, we are looking for more Chocorians who share our vision and want to join our journey here in Berlin.
What it’s like to be a Chocorian
You will join a company filled with smart, humble and hard-working people, with founders who deeply trust their employees and where the employees trust and vice versa.
We’re a startup where people put the team first, take ownership and truly understand what they are working for each and every day.
You will join a group of people from all around the world who share their experiences, contribute in their areas of expertise, and learn from each other.
You will join a passionate team that shares the same values and vision, a circle of friends that not only works hard but also laughs with- and cheers for one another.
With that said, it is absolutely crucial to find people who share this with us and who deeply identify themselves with the values of a Chocorian.
Here at Choco, we like to use the space shuttle as a metaphor for our engineering work. Now, you will join and help us bring the shuttle to the moon.
For that, we will need an engineer who can support everyone with the data they need to make the right decisions.
How you will impact
- You will define the company data strategy, its implementation and big data management approach
- You will make sure you’re delivering towards our stakeholders needs and make sure we manage growth via scaleable and clean solutions.
- You will guarantee the integration of internal and external data sources into our data warehouse with ETL (Extract, Transform, Load).
- You will support various teams in getting access to the data they need
- You will be mentoring and scaling our data teams.
What you will need to have an impact
- 2+ years of working with AWS Cloud services
- Experience in large scaling systems
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience in designing and operating reliable infrastructure
- You are fluent in Python
- Excellent SQL skills
To be even more impactful it would be a plus to have
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Experience with DynamoDB