As a Data Engineer - Data Product you will be working in a small and multi-disciplinary team solving unique relevance challenges. You will have significant ownership and responsibility in using data and machine learning to impact our customers and business.
With 400+ employees from 50 nationalities, GetYourGuide is on a mission to turn trips into amazing experiences, using our product and technology to change the way travelers find and book things to do and explore their destination. We connect these travelers to our vast catalog of amazing experiences through our online marketplace.
The Data team’s mission is to transform our vast amount of data into intelligent products and the best data-driven decisions. We work on a variety of problems as members of cross-functional mission teams. We focus on problems such as search relevance, personalization or marketing automation using cutting-edge algorithms and data infrastructure.
- Design, develop and maintain data products (e.g. recommendations) both from an architecture and relevance views
- Design and implement rich data pipelines on Spark to feed the product and machine-learning algorithms with relevant data
- Work in collaboration with data scientists, back-end engineers, front-end engineers and product managers to deliver updates in the product experience
- Optimize and improve existing features or data processes for performance and stability
- Track record in developing production data workflows using Apache Spark
- Experience applying relevance and machine learning approaches to problems such as recommendations, content relevance or personalization
- Proficient in Scala and possess strong CS fundamentals
- Be able to write efficient, well-tested code with an keen eye on scalability and maintainability
- An analytical mind and bake your decisions with data
Nice to have:
- Experience working along with data scientists on machine learning data pipelines
- Experience with product engineering in PHP
- Experience with data analysis concepts and tools (SQL, Pandas, R)
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 50 nationalities
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Quarterly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- Well stocked kitchen and our famous pizza & beer Friday’s
- GetYourGuide vouchers and free German lessons
- Relocation Assistance
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are looking forward to hearing from you! For any further questions regarding this position contact us via email@example.com.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide and check out Tech Radar for an insight into the stack we use to turn trips into amazing experiences!Link: https://careers.getyourguide.com/