Delivery Hero is building the next generation global online food-ordering platform. Our awesome international team already operates in over 40 countries worldwide to ensure hungry customers get to their favorite takeaway food the fastest way possible. The company has grown from its inception in 2011 to become the world’s largest food-ordering network. This is an exciting time for Delivery Hero with a huge and rapid amount of growth in countries, market size and opportunities. Our ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, innovative and good at “getting things done.” You will play an active role in our future - an exciting job and a workplace in the heart of Berlin is waiting for you!
- Develop and maintain internal tools used by the department.
- Designing, implementing and maintaining a business facing data warehouse that will support our company’s commitment to analytics and a data-driven business philosophy.
- Designing, implementing and maintaining batch, near time and real-time data processing pipelines and analytical workflows.
- Communicating with different teams regarding coding consistency and data availability.
- ETL and data sync processes for cleaning and structuring data.
- Extracting data from various 3rd party tools and APIs
- Write documentation for your scripts as well as for internal knowledge sharing.
- Proactively make suggestions on how the team can leverage new technologies and architectures to improve the performance of our data platform.
Your heroic skills:
- 3+ years data engineering.
- You have at least a Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative subject, e.g. computer science, physics, mathematics, economics, engineering.
- Expert knowledge of SQL and experienced with column oriented databases (preferably AWS Redshift).
- Very good knowledge of an object-oriented language (preferably Python or Java).
- Good knowledge of Linux platforms and scripting capabilities (bash/zsh)
- Experience with database administration
- Good English communication skills
- Creative problem solving abilities and an eye for detail.
- Independent and rigorous working style.
- You are a team player and love to think outside the box.
- Experience with Spark, real-time streaming ETL would be a major bonus.
We offer you:
- International working atmosphere and cross-cultural teams.
- Goal oriented environment.
- Flexible working hours.
- Great career opportunities.
- Safety of a large company: pension scheme and stability.
- Nice work environment and English as working language.
- For applicants from abroad: relocation package and German lessons.
Have we caught your attention? Then please send us your application including cover letter, CV, salary expectations and earliest starting date. We’re looking forward to your application!Link: https://www.deliveryhero.com/career/