SimScale is an agile company delivering a complex software product to a diverse customer base. It is essential that our Marketing and Sales efforts are driven by quality data, and that stakeholders can easily investigate that data to make well-founded decisions.
Your job as a Data Engineer is to understand our business processes, Marketing and Sales funnels, as well as our product, to ensure that we collect, correlate and maintain quality data from various sources.
This role will require both communication with stakeholders across the whole company, strategic thinking, and technical and analytical skills to work with data. Together with our COO, you will be at the heart of our business and one of the drivers behind maintaining rapid growth.
- Administer and maintain internal services driving our business processes, including CRM, BI and Marketing tools (currently: Salesforce, Act-On, PowerBI, Zendesk, Intercom, and more)
- Automate workflows, integrate and migrate various data sources and support reporting
- Ensure we have all the valid data and data pipelines we need to analyze and continuously optimize and grow our business
- Ensure key parties, such as Business Developers and Sales/Marketing Managers, have access to relevant data via high-quality reports, dashboards etc.
- Ability to develop testable and high-quality code in Java
- Ability to administer data storage/ETL systems (SQL databases, Amazon Redshift, etc.)
- Experience working with business processes in Marketing and/or Sales, ability and drive to understand the business end-to-end
- Experience in defining and leading projects and interactive experiments in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Curiosity and a strong ability to communicate with diverse stakeholders in a tech-heavy company
- Ability to transform end-user needs into technical and functional requirements
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to identify weak spots and quality issues in our data pipelines
- Very good English skills (C1/C2)
- Pre-existing right to work in Germany
- Professional experience as Sales Operations Manager, Process Manager or Business Intelligence Analyst
- Computer Science or other technical background, ideally with a business focus
- Experience with data presentation and investigation tools like PowerBI, Tableau, Jupyter, R
- Experience with MS Dynamics CRM and/or Salesforce
- Experience with Google Analytics, Tag Manager
- Familiarity with data privacy regulation, e.g. GDPR
What you can expect from us
- An international and enthusiastic team with high technical expertise, dedication, and lots of fun
- An attractive startup atmosphere with flat hierarchies
- An independent, professional work environment
- Fun team events
- Ambitious, self-responsible tasks and projects that leave space for creativity and offer the chance to learn a lot in a short time
- Flexible working hours
- The chance to provide thousands of engineers with the next generation of simulation technology that helps them be better at what they do best: designing the products of tomorrow
We look forward to receiving your informative application via our online application system!Link: https://www.simscale.com/jobs/