Sixt is a leading mobility provider offering premium service in over 100 countries. Since the beginning technology has been an integral part of our business. Our Engineers are responsible for designing, building and running the applications making up the core of our mobility ecosystem. They are versatile technologists who have a lot of experience up and down the stack and are comfortable tuning the Linux kernel, automating cloud infrastructure, writing resilient and high-performance code or scaling large distributed systems. Premium service and customer excitement are core values of our business and this touches every fabric of our technology stack too. The ONE team at Sixt is responsible for creating some of our next-generation mobility products by leveraging cutting edge technology and aiming for unmatched customer experience.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for designing, implementing and operating our event stream.
- You are responsible for designing, implementing and operating end-to-end distributed systems on the cloud.
- You will be working on automating our event stream pipeline and data workload management.
- You will assist other engineers on designing the right data models.
- You will help the team choose the right persistence technologies for different type of workloads.
- You have experience in a technology sophisticated environment such as building event pipelines, cloud-native applications, designing scalable persistence architectures - ideally in a startup dynamic setting?
- You have extensive experience in Linux?
- You have previously worked with cloud-based big data solutions such as Redshift, BigQuery, Apache Drill?
- You have experience in production with both SQL- and NOSQL databases such as Oracle, MySQL, Cassandra, MongoDB or similar?
- You are not afraid of coding and you have already written code in either Java, Go, Ruby or Python?