We are looking for an experienced and passionate Data Engineer (m/f) to join our BI team in Berlin. As Data Engineer (m/f) you will help us to design and implement a modern streaming framework.
At Pepper.com, we rely on data to drive our business decisions and to guide us in our search to build the best user experience. That’s why our BI team plays a central role in our data-driven strategy, designing and developing our infrastructure, processes and analytics capabilities. We make the large amount of data accessible, reliable and efficient to query.
Your responsibilities would include:
- You design, implement and migrate existing SQL-based ETLs to Spark-based technology to achieve scale and performance
- You build and maintain our data and analytics infrastructure, scaling to terabytes of data
- You grow our analytics capabilities with faster, more reliable data pipelines and better tools
- You develop a real-time events pipeline and work with data scientists, data analysts, backend engineers and product managers to find new ways to leverage this data
- You develop and transform raw data sources into powerful, reliable components of our data lake
- You optimise and improve existing features or data processes for performance and stability
- You lead and participate in cross-functional projects that support data applications and reporting
- You investigate next-generation data and analytics technologies to expand the capacity and performance of the BI stack
The qualities we are looking for are:
- You have aDegree in Computer Science or a similar, role-relevant field
- You have 2+ years professional experience in designing, building, monitoring, or scaling data processing pipelines
- You have a strong technical background and enjoy writing code for automation and data processing tasks
- You have experience working in large-scale Data processing
- You can work independently and own a project, but you also love teamwork
- You have hands-on experience with Scala, Python or Java.
- You have experience with big data technologies (e.g. Spark, Hadoop).
- You have experience developing, maintaining and optimising data pipelines
- Solid experience writing SQL queries and working with relational DBMS’s like MySQL
Are you the person we are looking for?
We are looking forward to receiving your application including your cv and your motivation letter.