Summary of the role
We are searching for resourceful and innovative data engineers to join our fast growing team in Berlin.
You will be working with terabyte-scale quantities of data in near real-time, producing efficient, fault-tolerent and industrialised pipelines. You will work in a cross-functional team, closely collaborating with data scientists and analysts.
As an ad tech company, data is at the core of everything travel audience does. By joining us, you will find ways to solve complex technical challenges which directly impact our business, and play an integral part in helping us become the world leader in the travel advertising domain
What you’ll do:
- Be part of a team responsible for the design, development and maintenance of our data processing streaming pipelines in Google Cloud Dataflow developed using Apache Beam.
- Work closely with the Data Scientists and Data Analysts, providing them with access to the data and support they need to analyse, train and deploy machine-learning models.
- Become an owner of the full development and operations cycle of a product, whilst helping to ensure our systems are running correctly and efficiently.
- Use industry-proven tools such as git; and practices such as CI/CD in an agile setup.
- Join a cross-functional team. Aside from data engineers, our teams have Go engineers, Data scientists, Data Analysts, DevOps engineers, and Frontend engineers.
Who we are looking for:
- Love Scala – either as a proficient Scala developer or a Java developer willing to self-learn a new language.
- Have practical experience with one or more distributed data processing frameworks such as Spark, Apache Beam, Google Cloud Dataflow, Flink, Storm or similar.
- Care deeply about software best practices and are dedicated to ensuring quality via testing, benchmarking and peer review.
- Have experience of using a pub/sub or message queue technology such as Kafka.
- Understand the theory behind different database technologies and data storage practices enough to make informed choices and match appropriate technologies to a given use-case.
- Dedicate themselves to continuously learning and improving, and enjoy helping others grow around them.
- Are eager to understand the business logic of the company and the meaning of the data they work with.
- Can speak, write and express them self in English – our company’s working language – in a professional context.
- Feel at home collaborating in a workplace which is international, diverse, evolving and continually innovating.
Why join us?
As part of our team, you will work in a highly motivated environment with flat hierarchies and short decision-making processes. You’ll have a lot of freedom to contribute your own ideas, implement them and work with a modern tech stack. We offer you:
- Using Scala in setup based on Google Cloud and Google Dataflow
- An open and dynamic start-up culture that supports great work-life balance
- Exciting working environment where you can continue to learn, improve and grow.
- We have dedicated no-meeting days so you can focus on doing things you love without interruptions
- You will have a choice of hardware (Mac or Linux)
- 28 days of vacation
- Free gym membership with access to the yoga and back therapy courses
- Subsidy toward the monthly travel pass. Coffee, drinks, and fruits are on the house
Check out our campany video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV07eydYWbE
We are looking forward to receiving your application either via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or via the apply now buttom.Link: https://travelaudience.com/careers/