What you’ll do:
- Being a member of the data-team, you will be working in a cross-discipline, full stack delivery team focused on one of many core business objectives.
- Gather and process raw data at scale (including writing programs & scripts, web scraping, calling APIs, write SQL queries, etc.).
- Work closely with our other engineers and data scientists to integrate algorithms into our production systems.
- Process unstructured data into a form suitable for analysis, automate the analysis and make the results available.
- We use Spark, so experience with the ecosystem will help you hit the ground running.
Who we are looking for:
- You find creative solutions to tough problems. You are an architect, who is not afraid to pave the way for bigger and better things.
- Very strong programming and architectural experience, ideally in Scala, Go or Java, but we are open to other experience if you’re willing to learn the languages we use.
- Automate testing, scaling, maintenance and configuration.
- Strong experience building data pipelines using the Lambda architecture.
- Experience with real-time processing of large amounts of structured and unstructured data.
- Enough programming knowledge to clean and scrub noisy datasets.
- Strong experience working with ETL using MapReduce and data streaming frameworks such as Spark and Storm is a plus as well as messaging queues.
- Working with data mining, machine learning, natural language processing, or information retrieval is a plus.
Why join us?
- You can work with people who are “Smart” and “Get Things Done”.
- We strive to produce quality work, using the right tools and methodologies.
- We embrace judicious use of automated tests.
- We believe that engineers should be given freedom, as they’re the most knowledgeable people to make the technical decisions.
- Contribute with your own ideas and implement them.
- You will have the opportunity to learn and work with a broad range of exciting technologies.
- Our company consists of a highly diverse international team, and we believe that this is good.
- The company is still young and growing dynamically, with a significant scope for career progression.
- We offer an attractive salary and other benefits.
- You can live in Berlin - culture, diversity, recreation and surprisingly low living costs.
Check out our campany video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV07eydYWbE
We are looking forward to receiving your application either via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or via the apply now buttom.Link: https://travelaudience.com/careers/