trivago is currently working on the restart of the travel industry after the global COVID-19 pandemic and we see this as an opportunity to improve our core product, expand our offering by developing new products and diversify our revenues through new revenue streams.
The Market and Advertiser Dynamics team develops different types of auctions and is responsible for the commercialization of our products. Advertisers compete in these auctions for exposure in trivago’s website (and mobile Apps) by submitting attractive property rates and competitive bids. Sustainably running these auctions depends first and foremost on smooth and reliable data flows between our advertisers and us.
As a Data Engineer in Market and Advertiser Dynamics you’ll develop the data pipelines that process the interaction of our 6 million daily users and our 400+ booking sites.
Get an inside look at data science at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- Build data pipelines that are well designed, robust, maintainable, tested and optimized for resource utilization. These pipelines will be varied in scope, from simple data aggregations to machine learning models, from daily large batch processes to real-time.
- Design and build customized, cutting-edge tools by experimenting with new technologies while always keeping business priorities in mind.
- Collaborate with Data Scientists and Software Engineers to work on high impact problems that lie at the core of our business model.
What you’ll definitely need:
- Strong ability and motivation to work in a cross-functional team comprising Data Scientists, Data Analysts and Software Developers.
- At least 3 years of professional experience working as a Data Engineer or similarly relevant role.
- Very strong SQL skills.
- Experience in Software Development, ideally including experience developing with Python.
- You are able to experiment with new technologies and acquire new skills to find clever solutions to the unique challenges we will encounter along the way.
- Knowledge and understanding of agile concepts and methodologies.
- Good communication skills and confidence in presenting ideas and findings to stakeholders.
- Fluency in English (our company language).
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience working with Hadoop.
- Exposure to machine learning models and modeling frameworks (PyTorch, Tensorflow, etc.)
- Familiarity with the following tools: Kafka, PostgreSQL, Spark, ElasticSearch.
- Familiarity with build (e.g. Gradle, Jenkins, etc.) and monitoring tools (e.g. Looker, Grafana, etc.).
- Familiarity with data pipeline orchestration tools (e.g. Airflow).
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
- Growth: Support for your development, constant new challenges, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
- International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
- Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf.
- Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
- Equal opportunity: Commitment to fostering an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent force enables us to create a more meaningful product.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on @lifeattrivago on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our tech blog, follow @tech_trivago on Twitter and sign up to our tech newsletter.
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Find out more about Our Product.
We look forward to your application!Link: http://company.trivago.com/careers/all-openings/