ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Offprice - Finance
Reports to: Lead of Finance Technology
Team Size: <10
The purpose of the role is to enable Finance Technology teams through the creation and maintenance of a data pipeline to perform data integration at scale. This role will be responsible for the set up of data connections, creation of required airflow workflows and operators, and managing of data between Zalando API’s, Redshift and application databases.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- You are experienced in building, evaluating, maintaining and improving large-scale data-driven products
- Create and maintain a flexible high-performance data processing and integration pipeline at scale, providing high quality datasets for our internal users and applications.
- Based on our microservices architecture, you and your team will own your code, and decide on the technologies and tools to deliver as well as operate large-scale applications on PaaS/SaaS cloud (AWS and Google Cloud)
- Contribute in developing the Lounge’s overall technical capabilities by working one-on-one with Data Scientists and Engineers.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to drive the development of our internal systems, ensuring efficient and user-friendly tooling by designing, building, optimizing and supporting a scalable and performant data pipeline and data integration process.
- Experience with data engineering technology, e.g. SQL, Airflow, Hive, AWS EMR, AWS Data Pipelines and Kubernetes, Docker is a plus
- Good programming skills in Python (knowledge of Scalar is a bonus).
- Ability and interest in translating business requirements into technological visions, and reimagining data-processing technologies.
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.Link: https://jobs.zalando.com/