Department: Merchant Operations
Reports to: Team Lead Strategy Development
Team Size: >10
The purpose of the role is to enable Merchant Operations teams through the creation and maintenance of a data pipeline to perform data integration at scale, as well as the maintenance of our historical and near real-time data warehouse.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- You are experienced in building, evaluating, maintaining and improving large-scale data-driven products
- Create and maintain a flexible high-performance data processing and integration pipeline at scale, providing high quality datasets for our internal users and applications.
- Based on our microservices architecture, you and your team will own your code, and decide on the technologies and tools to deliver as well as operate large-scale applications on PaaS/SaaS cloud (AWS and Google Cloud)
- Contribute in developing the Merchant OPS’s overall technical capabilities by working one-on-one with Data Scientists and Engineers.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Experience with data engineering technology, specifically Redshift (and its SQL), Apache Airflow, Apache Spark (incl. streaming), jupyter notebooks, Hive. Kubernetes and Docker is a plus.
- Ability to drive the development of our internal systems, ensuring efficient and user-friendly tooling by designing, building, optimizing and supporting a scalable and performant data pipeline and data integration process.
- Proficiency in Python and SQL, with sufficient knowledge in Scala for being able to use the scala API of Spark
- Ability and interest in translating business requirements into technological visions, and reimagining data-processing technologies.
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.Link: https://jobs.zalando.com/