Join our Data team as an Engineering Manager.
By joining us, you will be combining your passion for technology and have a direct impact on the lives of millions of travellers, while also helping travel audience in becoming the global leader in data-driven advertising for the entire travel industry.
What you will do:
- You will lead and manage the data engineering team growing to 6 Engineers this year, working with Scala and SQL. You will be responsible for coaching, mentoring and developing the team.
- You will drive the architecture and design for high-volume streaming and batch processing pipelines and data-warehousing projects. Within this, you will also be responsible for the evaluation of potential external partners and in driving integrations as a technical expert.
- You will evangelise engineering best practices, improve processes and drive standardisation.
- You will work closely with People and Culture department in driving talent Acquisition, onboarding, management and retention.
- You will be responsible for the further development and maintenance of our backend systems in collaboration with our development team.
- You enjoy managing people and you have done it successfully before;
- You enjoy coaching, mentoring and developing team and individual’s skills;
- You have used in significant capacity multiple programming languages covering different paradigms; practical experience with Scala is a plus!
- You have successfully built scalable data manipulation pipelines working with large volumes of complex data sets;
- You have significant API design and architecture experience;
- You know how to facilitate discussions and communicate with different stakeholders;
- You care about engineering quality and know how it can be achieved;
- You can speak, write and express yourself in English – our company’s working language – in a professional context;
We are awaiting your application and looking forward to starting our journey together!