As a part of Strategic Growth Businesses (SGB) unit of Amadeus, Travel Audience is the world’s leading data-driven travel advertising platform. The business unit harnesses the power of cutting edge machine learning practices to connect the leading performance-oriented advertisers with the biggest network of publishers, reaching millions of travellers. The strategy is to optimize advertising across the entire traveller journey, identify and create new audiences, and increase our partners reach, relevance and booking volumes.
We are looking for an experienced manager for our Data Engineering team. You will lead a team in supporting this exciting digital marketing vision while working closely with Data Scientists and Analysts and Business stakeholders.
What you will do:
- Manage a Data Engineering team: You will lead and manage the data engineering team who is working with Scala and SQL. You will set smart goals with the team that balance long term effective delivery with quality and team engagement. You will be responsible for coaching, mentoring and developing the team as well as partnering with People & Culture team in managing talent life cycle from attraction to retention.
- Delivery: You will be accountable for the team delivering value to the company and will work closely with our product team to ensure effective planning of new features whilst advocating for technical best practices to drive long term efficiency and continuity of service. You will be adaptive and agile in ensuring the team can deliver value when faced with challenges and/or conflict of priorities. You will participate in improving Engineering wide delivery process and governance in collaboration with the Product and Tech Leadership Team.
- Engineering: You will be leading the architecture and design of high-volume streaming and batch processing pipelines, data-warehousing projects, and machine-learning ecosystems by effectively leveraging your past experience, the expertise of your team, and through close collaboration with the Principal Engineers. You will understand and assure a culture of engineering best practices, improved processes while maintaining a continual drive towards standardization. You will be responsible for leading API and data governance best practices. You will assure policies of availability and consistency of data as per understood operational needs. You will keep abreast of industry trends and knowledge within the Data Engineering domain.
Why join us?
As part of our team, you will work in a highly motivated environment, with equal opportunities, flat hierarchies, and short decision-making processes. You’ll have a lot of freedom to contribute your own ideas and implement them.
- The interesting role of managing a talented Data Eng. team in an organization where data is at its core;
- The opportunity to drive business growth and truly having an impact on the business;
- A dynamic industry where you handle new problems every day;
- An environment where you are encouraged to research, explore, and try new ways of approaching issues:
- An open and dynamic culture that supports great work-life balance.
- You enjoy managing people and you have done it successfully before;
- You enjoy coaching, mentoring and developing team and individual’s skills;
- You have used in significant capacity multiple programming languages covering different paradigms;
- You have successfully built and architected complex distributed systems and understand the design trade-offs of consistency, availability and partition ability and can adapt these to the field of data engineering and high-volume use-cases;
- You can lead to the topic of engineering governance, e.g. API design, data governance, schema evolution;
- You are a problem-solver that can enable team delivery;
- You know how to facilitate discussions and communicate with different audiences/stakeholders;
- You care about engineering quality and know how it can be achieved;
- You can speak, write and express yourself in English – our company’s working language – in a professional context;
We are awaiting your application and looking forward to starting our journey together!Link: https://travelaudience.com/careers/