What is Nubank?
Nubank Berlin is a satellite engineering office dedicated to serving the horizontal engineering needs of Nubank in Brazil - the leading fintech in Latin America. In Brazil, since 2014 we have been actively servicing millions of clients with our mobile-controlled credit card product. With head office São Paulo and an engineering office in Berlin, Nubank has raised USD 330 million in investment rounds led by Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, Tiger Global, Kaszek Ventures, Goldman Sachs, QED Investors and DST Global.
Why is software engineering important for us?
We are a technology company, and software engineers form the bulk of our team. Our software team creates new features for our cardholder customers, as well as advanced analytics and machine learning models to continuously improve decision making and streamline processes.
What are some examples of problems a software engineer will solve?
The office in Berlin is currently centered around backend and data-infrastructure focused work. Shipping valuable features requires dealing with distributed applications, infrastructure, user facing API and production microservices; our engineers commonly rotate focus between these responsibilities. We consistently work with and explore new technologies, and thus value professionals who are open to learning new things, regardless of preexisting comfort zones. Nubank software engineers in Berlin might solve the following problems:
- Create data pipelines integrating a wide range of sources to drive business functions and products
- Constantly refining the data platform to enable a broader set of data applications such as streaming systems and online ML models to exist
- Improve user-experience and platform predictability through work on monitoring, UX and system reliability
- Work with backend microservices in functional programming languages, such as Clojure
- Create intuitive visualizations for monitoring live streaming data sets
- Triage bugs and exceptions reported in production
- Conduct system load / stress tests
You will fit well if
- You thrive in dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented teams
- You are hungry and enjoy being constantly challenged to learn and do more
- You embrace conflict of ideas and like to question the status quo
- You learn fast and easily adapt to changing situations and priorities
- You believe in building great products and doing great work
- You want to understand the big picture, to be held accountable and make a meaningful contribution with your work
- Competitive compensation package
- 28 days of vacation
- Participation in Nubanks Stock Option Plan
- Flexible working arrangements
- A modern technology stack
- Flexibility to choose your own custom setup (computer, monitors, OS etc.)
- Relocation support
- Company events
- Wellness and learning benefit