Beat is a platform that transforms the way people move in their cities. Tap on a button on your smartphone and you get a ride in just a few minutes.
In early 2017 Mytaxi, a subsidiary of Daimler A.G, acquired Beat. Beat started its life as Taxibeat, 6 years ago in Europe and 3 years ago expanded its operations to Peru where it serves millions of rides every single month. It is already establishing its position in South America with Chile being the latest new market and Colombia following soon
How are we going to achieve that?
By constantly growing our world-class engineering team and developing projects such as car-pooling, personalized services, real time pricing mechanisms, routing and dispatching algorithms and fraud detection/prevention systems. To this end we are opening a new engineering hub in Berlin that will work in close collaboration with our Data Science and Big Data teams in Athens on building the next generation of intelligent systems, serving both our analytics teams and our product teams.
About the role
Our Data Science teams are at the heart of our efforts and an essential part in Beat’s aggressive growth plan and vision for the future.
As a member of our Data Science team in Berlin, you will take on some of our biggest challenges and your work will impact the entire Beat experience, from making sure drivers are always available for all our customers, to helping our drivers utilize their working hours. Our team moves very fast, so you’ll have the opportunity to make an immediate difference.
What you’ll do day in day out:
- Solve complex logistics problems, so we can make our passengers happy getting from point A to point B the fastest possible.
- Predict the future, like modelling pickup times and forecasting supply & demand in real time.
- Personalize the customer’s experience, with the end result of minimizing the number of interactions between user and application.
- Help utilize our drivers’ working time by being in the right place at the right time.
- Identify many other interesting problems to solve.
- Working closely with engineers, designers, product managers and operations teams to iterate on solutions.
What you need to have:
- Master’s degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or other quantitative discipline. Higher degrees are highly appreciated as is considerable experience with Machine Learning, Statistical Analysis, Big Data Analytics in the industry.
- 2+ years of experience using statistical insights and software to solve real-world problems.
- Experience with Python or R. Additional experience and competence in software engineering are preferred. Specifically, candidates with a strong engineering background and competence in Scala or Python are highly valued.
- Hands-on experience with SQL, NoSQL, and Apache Hadoop, Spark or Tensorflow.
- A strong sense of ownership in your work.
- Good numerical and analytical skills with an excellent eye for detail working with qualitative and quantitative data.
- The desire to build, launch and iterate on products with limited direction.
What’s in it for you
- The chance to bring in your own ideas
- A strong team spirit
- Excellent monetary benefits (a pension plan, a monthly mobility allowance for free taxi rides, subsidised public transport ticket)
- Have your birthday off!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Beat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.Link: https://de.mytaxi.com/jobs/