Zalon is the successful story of curated shopping experience, part of Zalando SE. Being part of Europe’s Leading Technology Fashion Platform, we live and breathe excellent data and software engineering.
As a Senior Data Scientist at Zalon, you will be at the heart of business, data and technology; your work having an immediate impact on customer satisfaction and company profitability.
As part of our empowering technology culture - Radically Agile - you will have the autonomy to develop innovative and complex algorithms for novel use-cases from scratch, while leveraging our rich data, spread across a large range of topics. From data exploration and model building, to algorithm implementation or data engineering, you will have our trust to choose the optimal approach to solve problems. Our wide range of topics to touch upon include several different areas of machine learning and statistics, such as ranking algorithms, supervised and unsupervised learning, Bayesian inference, and any approach that will help you shine in your role.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics or another similar quantitative field (PhD, M.Sc.).
- +4 years experience in the analysis of real data with the tools of Machine Learning.
- Demonstrated expertise and desire to work hands-on in analysing and modelling data sets and an interest in statistics.
- Ideally, at least three years of professional / academic programming experience in an object-oriented language, Python or Scala.
- Willingness to work with microservices architecture, distributed systems and RESTful APIs.
- Knowledge of current trends in software design, architecture and web services.
- Effective communication skills, ability to understand business requirements and an interest in being a touch point for product, software development and commercial.
- Deep scepticism, plus the ability to identify and debunk buzzwords, false assumptions and analysis.
- English language fluency.
- Research, design, and implement algorithms to improve our various machine learning driven systems.
- Write code that your peers praise for its elegance and readability.
- Be accountable for all aspects of your work, from research and analysis, to testing and deployment.
- Play a critical role in the team as a creative input, working on key results. Your role will span over a number of various topics; therefore, a curious nature would be advantageous.
- Understand and communicate effectively with internal business customers, partners, and stakeholders.
- Think in an abstract manner and discover correlations between problems, methodologies, and solutions.
- Implement possible solutions, evaluate outcomes, and update research direction according to business goals and constraints.
- Follow a feature through its entire lifetime from problem formulation to solution delivery.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
Community. Tech culture of trust and empowerment, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, +100 internal technical and fun guilds, tech talks, product demos, Coderdojos, Hack weeks, parties and events.
Perks. Competitive salary, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, public transport discounts, relocation assistance for internationals, free drinks and fruits, hardware of your choice.
Development. Tour of Mastery, extensive onboarding, personal branding support, opportunity to attend and speak at data science conferences and Meetups, and encouragement to publish your work.
Work Environment. Self-organized, autonomous teams and flexible working hours. Zalon is a 2.5 year old start-up backed up by Zalando SE, therefore you can expect that your work will have immediate impact and you will participate in developing significant improvements.
Scale. Unparalleled levels of data and opportunities.