Imagine a workplace which encourages you to take on responsibility and where your ideas will be heard and implemented. Imagine a fast-paced environment where your performance makes the difference. This is TrustYou! We are looking for adventurers to join our smart and inspiring team! TrustYou has built a world-class NLP pipeline for hotel reviews. We detect opinions in 20 different languages natively. We then create human-readable summaries through a text generation engine. The end result is the TrustYou Meta-Review, which today you’ll find integrated on Google, KAYAK, hotels.com and hundreds of local travel sites. Our review summaries are seen by more than 500 million people every month – talk about having an impact! TrustYou ♥ Python. We build everything in Python, from quick & dirty prototypes, to production-ready code, implemented in PySpark to scale. We frequently attend and sponsor Python- and data science-focused meetups and conferences. TrustYou has data en masse: We have a database of more than 500 million reviews at your fingertips, plus we collect tweets and direct guest messages in large volumes. Other teams take care of getting this data, now we want you to make sense of it. TrustYou does not offer pure research positions. Your team is expected to ship features from a roadmap created by a product manager. Once a successful prototype is built, we expect our data scientists to produce code that makes it all the way to production. Of course this is a team effort – we have experienced data engineers and tools (code reviews, automated tests) in place to support you.
What challenges await you?
- We’re looking for data scientists with an NLP focus to join our NLP team. Your mission will be to:
- Incorporate latest NLP research developments into our production pipeline
- Work on dynamic, fine-grained topic and trend detection
- Extend our sentiment analysis for different corpora, e.g. SMS messages, tweets
- Apply the right mix of cutting-edge research, heuristics and manual tweaking to get a classifier ready for production use
… all while working on a highly multilingual corpus.
What do we expect from you?
- Experience with NLP: University projects, academic publications, or industry experience
- Experience with machine learning
- Good understanding of Python or R
Nice to Have
- Experience building production-ready systems using deep learning methods
- Software engineering experience in Python
- Experience with big data frameworks such as Spark or Hadoop
- Knowledge of deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow or PyTorch
What do we offer
- A highly international & entrepreneurial environment (flat hierarchies, short decision paths…)
- Excellent onboarding programs
- Spend up to 5% of your working time for your professional & personal development
- Great leadership & support