The Starmind Zurich team is looking for a skilled data scientist, who will join us in creating and innovating world-leading machine learning technologies.
Here is a selection of tasks that you would handle over the course of a typical week as a part of the Starmind Team:
- Create prototypes and investigate their performance, thereby growing initial ideas into production-ready features.
- Work closely together with the Scrum team to implement new innovations in a robust and scalable way.
- Exchange ideas with our other data scientists, analysts and engineers on how improve our text processing and machine learning algorithms.
- Keep up to date with the newest developments in word embeddings, neural networks, reinforcement learning etc., without forgetting that a simple classical algorithm is often still the best solution.
To become a member of the Starmind team, you need to:
- Be familiar with a wide range of machine learning approaches, especially natural language processing algorithms
- Have experience with writing scalable, production-ready code (programming skills in Scala or Java are a big plus)
- Be able to deal with performance bottlenecks, both by software optimization as well as by parallelization
- Enjoy solving challenging mathematical problems and tackling complex software requirements
- Desire to work in a small, agile team environment
- Communicate proactively and work independently