To strengthen our international team in Berlin, we are offering a full-time position as
Engineering Lead, Data Platform (m/f)
Crealytics is a fast-growing technology company whose data-driven platform enables global e-commerce retailers to drive performance in product advertising and paid search. Our innovative products support our clients by automating their workflow and generating valuable intelligence. Crealytics is generating € 3 billion in annual client revenue for top internet retailers such as Footlocker, ASOS, and Harrods, enabled by 170 employees in our Berlin, London, Passau, and New York City offices.
We are always looking for people interested in working with industry leading technologies and are willing to play a big part in small, agile teams.
// Your responsibilities
- You lead our team of data engineers responsible for fast, accurate, robust and scalable data-processing within Crealytics.
- You actively participate in building fault tolerant, self-healing, adaptive, and highly accurate data computational pipelines.
- You provide technical leadership to architect big data solutions and ensure our data architecture is aligned with our business strategy.
- You not only lead, but also grow, motivate, and mentor your team by setting ambitious but achievable goals.
- You provide feedback, as well as regular appraisals and training to your team.
- You participate in the hiring process and choose your team members to fill open positions with the best candidates.
// Your profile
- You have a relevant university degree and several years of experience working in the field of data engineering.
- You have already gained initial leadership experience managing small, agile teams.
- You are an expert in Big Data related technologies such as Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, Spark, and Kafka. Additionally, you know their various advantages, disadvantages, and pitfalls.
- You are an engineer at heart and have proficiency in modern programming languages, preferably Scala and Python.
- You have the ability to quickly understand business needs and transform them into technical and data requirements.
- You excel in motivating your team with strong to-the-point communication and a distinct can-do attitude.
- Prior experience with online marketing is a plus, e.g. Google AdWords, BingAds, Social Media Advertising, or Universal Analytics.
// How we work
- We trust in data — data drives our business decisions and product development roadmap.
- Our employees are our best investment — develop yourself through knowledge sharing sessions, workshops, and personalized training.
- We keep innovating — stay close to users, challenge the status quo, dedicate 20% of your work time to new ideas.
- We get great work done — we enjoy working face-to-face, but value results over office presence.
- Our team is diverse — we unite smart and passionate people of more than 30 different nationalities.
- Relocation is simplified — paid accommodation, as well as experienced “relocation buddies,” guide you through your visa application.
Join our team and become part of our success story!
Ann-Marie will gladly receive your application with the subject line “Engineering Lead, Data Platform (m/f) SO” in English at email@example.com. Please make sure to include your earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations.