At Saloodo! we are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join our rapidly growing dynamic Data & AI team and help us building the future of digital logistics. Transportation is all about efficiency, high performance, reliability and commitment. A perfect world to disrupt with data and technology-driven business models. Jump on board and let’s form the future world of logistics together!
- Being pro-active in applying and developing state-of-the-art and innovative machine learning/artificial intelligence technologies to pursue the vision and mission of Saloodo!.
- Producing outstanding creative and analytical solutions based on clear and thorough analyses of complex processes and business relationships.
- Owning the technical requirements engineering for the team, translating business requirements to user stories and acceptance criteria and managing the product backlog to enable fast experimentation of new features.
- Collaborating with other data scientists, engineers and product owners with minimal supervision and collaborate closely with Platform, Marketing and Business Intelligence teams inside the squads to build and integrate data science products into the platform.
Skills and qualifications
- A fast and self learner, preferably a degree in natural or engineering sciences such as Computer Science, Physics, Chemistry, Neuroscience, Engineering or related quantitative field.
- At least two years of relevant professional experience in Data Science in a industrial setting.
- You have a good exposure to one of the following fields machine learning techniques, statistics, linear algebra and/or mathematical optimization.
- You have visible experience in analysing datasets, building mathematical models and visualisations.
- You have a good knowledge of one or more, analytics ecosystems, e.g., Python or R.
- You preferably have an experience in deploying products in cloud ecosystems, container and micro-services orchestration technologies, i.e., AWS, Docker, RESTful services.
- You preferably have demonstrated technical product ownership and have the technical understanding to define user stories and understand business domain and technical requirements.
- Affinity to learn, practice software, version management and web development technologies.
- Documenting technical work and follow technical literature.
- You own your tasks and are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment within small and talented teams.
- You have excellent spoken and written communication skills in English; Fluency in German is much appreciated.
- You are comfortable explaining complex analytical and technical content to non-technical and technical audience.
- Ability communicate all technical aspects verbal or written.
- You are comfortable with sharing your knowledge and experience with other members.
Why work with us
- We are building great data- and AI-powered web service for real business across the globe, it’s not “another app”.
- We believe technology, data and AI will make the ultimate difference.
- We prefer modern tech stacks and data-driven approach.
- We welcome you to a great atmosphere of our office in Cologne.
- We have all the perks of a startup with no investment uncertainty thanks to being backed by the Deutsche Post DHL Group.
- You’ll have plenty of chances for professional growth with us.
- Of course, we’ll offer you a competitive salary that will suit your profile.