Do you enjoy technical challenges and are eager to delve into the waters of security?
Our IT Security team is looking for an experienced software engineer whose expertise, passion and drive can help ensure that the data of our 120 million monthly users, OTA’s & employees are protected and all systems are SOX and GDPR compliant.
You will have a big impact in this role, working with multiple teams to support our product moving forward. Your challenge will include moving our data security to the cloud and securing our historic data by using new technologies like Cassandra.
Curious? Read on and apply!
What you’ll do:
- Maintain and extend the authentication/authorization service for trivago applications.
- Align with Auditors and Legal to find central solutions that other teams could use.
- Taking care of our bug bounty program hacker1.
What you’ll definitely need:
- At least 2 years’ experience in Java development.
- Basic knowledge of SOX Compliance, GDPR and OAuth.
- A solid understanding of software construction.
- A habit of following good development practices like test automation, CI/CD, source version control.
- The courage to risk failure and the ability to learn from your mistakes.
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience in Spring Boot.
- PHP for legacy applications.
- Experience with stream, queues and asynchronous data processing.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
- Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
- International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
- Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week.
- Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
- Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on @lifeattrivago on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our techblog, follow @tech_trivago on Twitter and sign up to our tech newsletter.
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Find out more about Our Product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
We look forward to your application!Link: http://company.trivago.com/careers/all-openings/