Are you a curious Java developer with a passion for Data Science? Our Marketplace department are looking for a new gang member to join an interdisciplinary team of expert engineers and data scientists to support in bringing machine learning and predictive algorithms into production. If you’re looking for a role in a dynamic, ever-changing and innovative environment where your work has a direct visible impact, you’ve come to the right place.
Meet Florian from the team
What you’ll do:
- Work on the Marketplace service, a Java backend service, handling user requests.
- Analyze the outcome of algorithms, and monitor performance data with Python / R.
- Design and implement machine learning algorithms within a large-scale web system.
- Use profiling tools to tune performance-critical components.
- Work on an internal distributed caching system.
- Implement tools and interfaces for data scientists.
What you’ll definitely need:
- Expert Java skills.
- An unrivaled passion for statistical learning, data analysis and efficient algorithms.
- Hands-on work experience in in developing multi-core/distributed software.
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language, e.g. Python (numpy / pandas) or R.
- A bachelor’s degree in Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics or a similar, role-relevant field.
- To speak English (our company language) at a fluent level.
What we’d love you to have:
- A good overview of Machine Learning.
- Good knowledge of NoSQL storages such as Redis.
- Basic knowledge of Hadoop / Hive / Impala.
- A passion for staying at the cutting edge of latest technologies and advancements. If you hear about something new, you want to test it!
Life at trivago is:
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago.
- trivago N.V. is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.