Do you want to work in a dynamic, innovative tech environment where no two days are the same?
In our Advertiser Connectivity Engineering team we connect our advertisers with travellers worldwide through tailored and opportunity-oriented tools. With a user-centric approach and intuitive interface we make the connection simple, effective and ultimately valuable for them.
We’re looking for a Junior PHP Engineer to help us on our mission. In this role, you have the chance to use top-notch technologies and practices. You will be working on existing central, business-critical administration applications, but also conceptualizing and executing new projects that will make advertisers’ communication with trivago easier.
Ready for the challenge? Read on and apply today!
Get an inside look at tech at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- Own the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects.
- Define implementation architectures.
- Have a broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed.
- Conceptual and prototype-based implementation.
- Support teams with concepts, implementation, test, roll-out and maintenance and monitoring.
- Requirements-based evaluation and building of new applications.
- Implement and maintain service-oriented architectures.
Our Technology Stack:
What you’ll definitely need:
- At least 2-3 years of experience within software engineering.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of PHP.
- Experienced with Symfony, Zend, Lavarel or other PHP based service oriented frameworks.
- Experience with databases (especially MySQL).
- To enjoy technical challenges and be eager to explore new technologies.
- To hold an academic degree in the field of IT, or to have successfully completed a comparable apprenticeship.
- To speak English (our company language) fluently.
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience with Docker.
- First experiences with Apache Kafka and a NoSQL storage.
- GraphQL is not unknown to you.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://www.php.net/0
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Visit https://www.php.net/1.