ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Zalon Data
Reports to: Product Owner Zalon Data
Team Size: >10
Are you looking for an opportunity to build a cutting-edge data products? We are ramping up our data team to support and scale Zalon’s machine learning, analytics and business needs.
To do so we are looking for an analytical problem solver that likes to work in an agile and cross-functional team with the challenge to shape, build and refine the future of the company’s data quality for our services together with the integration of machine learning algorithms.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- You design, develop, deploy, operate and improve important software solutions, that your peers praise for its elegance and code readability.
- You will be accountable for all aspects of your work as you and your team will own your code, and decide on the technologies and tools to deliver as well operate large-scale applications on PaaS/SaaS cloud (AWS).
- Explore, discover, develop, learn and collaborate with our senior engineers and data scientists
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You have completed a CS or equivalent degree and are looking for that key step in your career
- Expertise with Scala (Play Framework, Akka, Cats, Slick)
- Some experience with Python
- Experience with databases (Postgres, Cassandra, Redis)
- Knowledge of design patterns (Functional, Reactive, DDD).
- Knowledge in automated deployment and monitoring through CI/CD pipeline (Docker, Kubernetes, or similar)
- Keen to work according to the agile principles
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations) diverse sports and health offerings
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Zalon is the successful story of curating and delivering complete outfits for our customers. For that our platform connects customers with fashion experts. Being part of Europe’s Leading Technology Fashion Platform, we live and breathe excellent software engineering.
This is us: https://youtu.be/pb8yvHgVvBs
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.Link: https://jobs.zalando.com/