Careem is a leading ride sharing app operational in over 80+ cities. With 30% monthly growth, we are one of the fastest growing companies in our region. Our recipe for success has been a team that thrives on challenges and is passionate about solving problems. After our recent investment of $500m, we are now the 180th unicorn globally and scaling at the speed of lightning
We like to describe Careem as the “data science paradise”, as we are working on most of the data science problems one can encounter. We also have tremendous data whealth and diversity, from CSV files that can fit in your R consol, to Terrabytes of data.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Senior/Lead Data Scientist at Careem, you’ll be part of a team that’s leading the next wave of disruption at a whole new scale. You will be developing descriptive and predictive models as well as running extensive data analysis on million of customer transactions supported by a cutting edge data platform to unlock the big opportunities that simplify the lives of people through reliable transportation
In the process, you will:
- Answer complex analytic questions from big data sets to help Careem shape its products and services in a better way.
- Implement strong data pipelines for Machine Learning algorithms that will be used in production
- Implement large scale machine learning algorithm.
- Exploratory Data Analysis experience.
- Design, implement and support ETLs/ELTs to process terabytes of data each week.
- Embark on exploratory data analysis projects to achieve better understanding of phenomena as well as to discover untapped areas of growth and optimization.
- Help define and track the appropriate key metrics for specific projects.
- Design and run randomized controlled experiments, analyze the resulting data and communicate results with other teams,
- You will always challenge the status quo and continually investigate new data processing technologies and seek to ensure that we follow the industry best practices.
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative.Link: https://jobs.jobvite.com/careem/search?l=Berlin&c=&q=