As a ML Engineer in the engineering department, you will be working on our key business challenges. The solutions you provide will have a large impact on our success and on our partners’ success. Understanding the buying data from millions of customers is something you love and predicting their best fitting product is your Christmas. And using the latest technologies to normalise product data as well as finding a way to automise data queries is your dream job. As a ML Engineer at 35up you will be responsible for the whole chain from the data modelling, to the development of the algorithms as well as the implementation in our live system.
- Conceptualise and implement fancy algorithmic solutions to drive our recommendation engine.
- Unlock the value of our data by applying the latest research to model complex dependencies.
- Share your data insights with the team and guide our data strategy.
- Create and manage large data driven applications.
- You own the data. Run analyses to identify “challenges” and ensure data quality
Your most important skill…
…is that you are open minded and eager to learn new technologies. You receive and give honest feedback and criticism, never taking it to the personal level, but as a fundamental part of achieving excellency.
We run on a microservices architecture, with containerized services in a very polyglot environment. We expect that you find this incredible, very exciting and maybe a bit scary, but in a good way.
- You are driven for our mission and want to contribute to our global success
- Micro services architecture, Continuous Integration or Docker do not only ring a bell, but are part of your skill set
- Experience in Python and machine learning related libraries such as scikit-learn, pandas, TensorFlow, Keras, etc
- Great analytical and statistical thinking and strong SQL skills
- You bring experience with Scala or you are eager to learn it
- Knowledge in big data technologies e.g., HDFS, MapReduce, Spark, Flink, Hive, Presto, Cassandra or Kafka are a plus
- You are passionate, curious and you like to solve riddles
- You take the initiative when you see an opportunity
- Agile we are, working with Scrum, Kanban (JIRA, Confluence) we do
- You are open minded and eager to learn new technologies
- No place for egos, we build together, we grow together
- Very good theoretical knowledge about machine learning, non-linear optimisation and computational statistics
- You have practical experience in building predictive statistical and machine learning models
- You have very strong practical experience in software engineering skills to prototype your algorithms
- You are experienced in backend development, independent of the programming language to fully implement algorithms
- You focus on quality, maintainability, readability, scalability and performance
- You enjoy working in an international team
- You enjoy pair programming, code reviews and knowledge sharing
- You have deep quantitative expertise. You are intimately familiar with probability theory, statistics, calculus and optimisation
- You have the ability to thrive in a challenging and fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- The opportunity to be part of a team, who is not afraid of learning on an everyday basis.
- The opportunity to challenge the big eCommerce players
- You will have the possibility to experiment with new technologies and the freedom to choose your own equipment and software (PC, Mac, etc) in a supportive environment where proposals for change and suggestions for improvements are encouraged.
- Great working environment with flat hierarchy and a competitive salary
- Qualified continuing education and training opportunities
- Individual and flexible working time models with home office option (or remote)
- You will also enjoy our BBQ’s and events together with the team