The idea for delicious data was born when we had a late lunch at our cafeteria and there was still plenty of food available. That was the moment when we started to think about how kitchens plan their menus and numbers of meals. In Germany alone, restaurants and other food service businesses throw away roughly 2 million tons of food every year. One main reason for this problem is overproduction due to uncertain guest demand. Our software solves this issue by precisely predicting the number of meals needed, based on people’s behaviour and external data such as the weather. Our successful fundraising activities allow us to start building a team that joins our mission of reducing global food waste!
As a machine learning engineer you’re part of the team that works on our core solution. Forecasting is difficult, especially when it comes to people’s eating habits. To take on this challenge we are continuously improving upon our solution which is based on state-of-the-art machine learning methods (ML) from natural language processing (NLP) to time-series forecasting.
- Know the data by heart: Dig deep into our growing database to understand and model the underlying data generation processes.
- Continuously improve: Keep up with the state-of-the-art in order to further improve the performance of our ML pipeline. Continuously identify problems, run experiments and deploy promising solutions to production. New approaches are more than welcome.
- Collaborate: You work closely together with our back- and frontend developers to create value for our users. Effective communication and documentation is key.
- You have passion for writing software with emphasis on quality, testability and automation.
- You are motivated to build a company. You are aware of the ups and downs, able to adapt and find motivation in our vision.
- We’re in this together. You are an honest, trustworthy person that communicates openly.
- You have several years of experience in developing machine learning and deep learning models to solve real world business problems. You are experienced in python and packages like pandas, numpy, tensorflow/pytorch etc.
- You master English on level C1
WHAT WE OFFER
- To be part of an inspiring mission, an amazing team and a great product
- A startup salary that you can actually live from
- 30 days of holidays, flexible working hours and home office
- An office on the buzzing research campus of the Technical University of Munich in Garching
- Potential to participate in employee stock option program