Who are we?
Nanos is an online platform that makes placing paid advertisements a straightforward process accessible to any small & micro business around the world by delegating all the heavy lifting to our AI.
We are a privately owned Swiss startup based in Zurich - a dynamic fast-growing team of software engineers, UX designers, machine learning developers and business experts.
Who are we looking for?
As part of our growth we are expanding our engineering team and looking for a Machine Learning Engineer (ML Engineer) to join us in our journey towards building a great experience for our customers and solving complex challenges.
We are looking for an engineer with a minimum of 3 years professional experience who would cheerfully embrace a startup culture. We expect you to bring in your own culture and open mind as we are an inclusive company that thrives from the diversity its employees are bringing in.
As a ML Engineer, you will be contributing to many important features of our platform. We expect you to be an expert when it comes to building well-tested, scalable and maintainable solutions.
Please not that this position is only open to Swiss and EU citizens due to the Swiss work visa regulations.
What will you do if you join us?
As a ML Engineer you will be working on the different micro-services that compose the Nanos Platform and you will be part of the Agile team of Frontend, Backend and ML developers.
If you join Nanos team you will be expected to:
- Bring machine learning, NLP and deep learning methods to our core products and services.
- Build prototypes as a proof-of-concept and quickly move those to production for large scale data with fast response times.
- Work hands-on with our engineering team while collaborating closely with our customer success and product teams.
- Work closely with our Chief Scientist and PhD students (from ETH) on the long-term vision and projects.
What are we to offer you?
We would be more than happy to hear from you and look forward to have you joining our team where you should expect following benefits and culture:
- A competitive salary
- A generous stock option plan
- 25 vacation days per year
- Possibility to do home office up to 20% of the time
- Annual continuous education budget
- Flexible working hours and a very serious Life/Work balance
- Free choice of hardware
- Regular experimental time to work on your own ideas
- Office within 5 min walking distance from Zurich HB
- Office shut down between Christmas and New Year (to be compensated by working a couple of extra minutes per day over the year, i.e. 15 min in 2018)
- A very multicultural team - 8 different nationalities
- Regular team events and parties
- One ski-retreat per year
- Adjustable desks and chairs
- A fully-equipped kitchen and a dining area
- Big open terrace and a bbq space
- Free coffee/fruits and all the soft drinks you can imagine
- Swimming in the Limmat river over a summer lunch
- Shower in the office