HERE is a leader in navigation, mapping and location experiences and our technology is used in many places. If youve ever checked in on Facebook, youve used HERE. Or, if you have in-car navigation, youve probably had our help getting where youre going -over two thirds of the worlds cars, from Ford to Ferrari, use our software. And every time you receive a package from Amazon or FedEx, weve helped guide it to your door. So many things we take for granted need location technology to make them work, and thats what we provide at HERE with over 7500 colleagues across the globe. Location technology is a big part of our lives today, but will play an even bigger part of tomorrow. Youve heard of the Internet of things, where the stuff around us -cars, fridges, thermostats and the like are connected to give you real-time information well, were helping to create the next generation of that! Our mission is enabling an Autonomous world for everyone! To learn more about HERE, visit http://360.here.com or http://www.here.com/careers .
HERE IoT Tracking group is developing the next-generation of IoT and location tracking services for large variety of industries in the consumer, automotive, and enterprise space.
We build products that let people and organizations know where their things are, see where they have been and determine when and where they will go and optimize the business processes accordingly.
Our end-to-end indoor/outdoor tracking products including Positioning, Tracking Cloud, Web and Mobile Apps and IoT Client Libraries have been developed to solve a wide variety of real life challenges ranging from real-time tracking of logistics shipments and tracking components in a smart factory to finding a location of the shared bike and much more.
To learn more about HERE Tracking Global tracking of devices, people and things.
* As the Principal Data Engineer for HERE IoT Tracking products you have the opportunity to develop analytics tooling and pipelines to process location data from millions of devices.
* You will work closely with the cloud infrastructure and application development teams to design and maintain scalable data models and pipelines and connect-the-dots across multiple use cases and create statistical modelling and machine learning for wide variety of projects.
* You will be contributing to technology strategy for the tracking product line and take ownership of technical product architecture of analytics and machine learning functionality.
* You will explain complex technical concepts in a simplified manner to our internal and external stakeholders on different levels of organization.
* You will also educate and mentor developers in the techniques and best-practices required to build highly-scalable, performant analytics pipelines
* You will have your finger on the pulse for emerging technologies and asses their relevance for the product.
* Through leadership you bring passion for innovation to create delightful product experiences.
* MSc in Computer Science/Engineering/Mathematics or equivalent
* 8+ years of backend and web development experience
* Proven experience in developing scalable analytics and machine learning solutions for production environments with large amounts of data
* Sound understanding of modeling techniques and algorithms, particularly in the geospatial arena
* Solid knowledge of a variety of data science tools and an understanding about when to use which
* Practical experience in the engineering involved in developing a new pipeline is a must
* Experience with various Apache stream-processing projects essential Kafka, Flink, Spark
* Passion for high back-end performance and scalability
* Experience with handling cloud infrastructure deployments
* Ability to work with people from a wide variety of disciplines
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills