Who we are
The future of transportation is Green. Here at FlixMobility Tech, the R&D group, we develop software with the brightest minds from around the world to engineer new experiences for our millions of customers across our apps and websites. Every day we solve challenging problems, like how to scale rapidly around the world and how to make an experience that delights our customers. We have a culture of sharing ideas, contributing to open source projects and being an active member in our technical communities.
To support our ambitious growth, we are now looking for a Principal Data Scientist (m/f/x) for our Berlin data incubation team starting as soon as possible.
About the team:
We are a team of data scientists and data engineers that work on prototyping and testing various new data-driven products. When a product shows promise, we also move it into production.
Your tasks - Paint the world green
• You will work in our data science incubation team and help us to develop a decentralized data organization that implants quantitative decision making into our company’s DNA
• You will work alongside our product development and business unit analytics teams of individuals with diverse backgrounds and skills in analytics and data science
• You will have the opportunity to directly influence strategic decisions by leading organizational level initiatives that drive scale, efficiency, and insight across our organization
• You will collaborate with business and technology stakeholders to evaluate data sources, techniques, and tools to support our decentralized data science community
• You will discover and verify new opportunities to grow our business, scale and optimize operations and to tap into new markets via innovative data products
• You will evolve FlixBus into a data driven company by providing leadership and governance to a decentralized, company wide data organization
• You will support on all organizational levels to derive decisions utilizing data and analytical skills
• You will help to structure work, planning new analyses, translating business questions into analytical projects
• You will consult and mentor data scientists, data engineers and data analysts to drive excellence in value generation
• You will strive to represent FlixBus as a technology organization by presenting at conferences, contributing to patents and writing white papers
Your Profile - Ready to hop on board
• Proven track record of at least 7+ years of applying data science methods to business problems in an industry context, preferably in e-commerce
• Lateral team leadership, mentoring and cross team project management skills
• Extensive and deep experience with designing, developing, validating, and deploying advanced data products and delivering actionable insights from data analysis
• Experience leading or collaborating with a team of data scientists in developing and delivering machine learning models that work in production
PhD or MsC in Computer Science, Computational and Applied Statistics, Operations Research, Machine Learning, Mathematics or comparable field
• Experience in projects involving large scale multidimensional databases, complex business infrastructure, and cross-functional teams
Your technical skills
• Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
• Solid programming experience in mainstream programming languages like Python, R, Scala, or Java
• Experience visualizing and communicating data
• Hands-on experience applying machine learning techniques (especially feature engineering) using standard off the shelf packages
• Good understanding of sourcing data using various data management solution (relational as well as non-relational databases)
• Experience working with large data streaming technologies like Spark, Flink
Perks - More than just a job
• Drive change. With innovation and smart technology, we are changing the way people travel, and you too can have an impact on this ride. Everyone is equally important and works together on uncharted challenges alongside inspiring colleagues from all over the world.
• Trust-based working. We don’t punch the clock – organize your own schedule. We trust in what you do!
• Fun at work and beyond. Discover the world with your free FlixBus rides and join our regular team events – there’s always something to celebrate!
• Feel at home. We provide you with a comfortable working space, free drinks, casual dress code, diverse employee discounts and more.