Zalando is transforming from Europe’s leading e-commerce company into a multi-service platform for fashion. From logistics to big brands, to manufacturers - we’re building the platform that connects all people and parts of the fashion ecosystem.
Pricing & Forecasting is at the core of our commercial operation. Our tools help to determine how much of each product to buy, to recommend the best prices for these products, and to ensure that we have the right level of logistics capacity to fulfill our customers demand. The Pricing and Forecasting engineering team uses cutting edge technology to forecast demand and pricing with focus on business and customer experience. Partnerships happen with all key engineering and product teams, business and customer experience teams.
We are looking for a Principal Data Scientist to join us to be part of a team of highly accomplished data scientists and research engineers.
As a Principal Data Scientist, you’ll combine both worlds. You know the latest trends from research and innovation and have the experience to bring Machine Learning projects to production.
- You consult and coordinate several data science projects across our department, such as price optimizations, discount recommendations, and order return predictions.
- You drive problem definitions. You work closely with Product and Business to understand the requirements, define KPIs, and set expectations. With a team of Engineers and Data Scientists, you structure the research and development process.
- You develop models. You analyze data and features, explain trade offs of various solutions, and build sophisticated algorithms and models for pricing-related forecasts and recommender systems, such as demand, returns, cancellations, and discounts.
- You develop solutions. You apply innovation and technology to fashion e-commerce and develop highly scalable and robust systems that meet business requirements.
- You network and help our team to find the right contacts inside and outside the company to solve challenges around our product.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You are a wizard. You are experienced in the latest technologies and processes to transform an insight into a model and to deploy a highly scalable service. You also posses good programming skills (preferably Python), ML frameworks (TensorFlow, R), SQL/NoSQL, AWS.
- You are a researcher. You are proud of your excellent academic achievements and your proven track record in research and innovation in the field of machine learning and optimization. Ideally you hold a Ph.D.
- You are a leader. You can act as a role model and a mentor for a highly qualified team of data scientists.
- You are a storyteller. You are an excellent communicator, who is proactive in solving customer centric problems in collaboration with business. Your strong analytical skills help you easily translate data insights into business opportunities.
- You are an expert. You hold subject expertise in traditional and statistical models including but not limited to generalized linear modeling, regression, time series, naive Bayesian classifiers, parametric statistical analysis, error calculation. You also hold knowledge of optimization techniques and linear programming.
YOU BENEFIT FROM
Community. Tech culture of trust and empowerment, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, +100 internal technical and fun guilds, tech talks, product demos, Coderdojos, parties and events.
Perks. Competitive salary, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, public transport discounts, relocation assistance for internationals, free drinks and fruits, hardware of your choice.
Development. Tour of Mastery, extensive onboarding, personal branding support, opportunity to attend and speak at data science conferences and Meetups, and encouragement to publish work.
Work Environment. Self-organized, autonomous teams and flexible working hours.
Scale. Unparalleled levels of data and opportunities.
WANT TO JOIN US? THEN GO AHEAD AND APPLY!
If you need guidance or have any questions about our hiring processes, please contact our recruiter Almog Greenberg.Link: https://jobs.zalando.com/