Our SumUp office in Berlin is currently hiring for the position of Quality Assurance Engineer - Data Warehouse and ETL
- Set the strategy for testing data warehousing related features, enhancements and bug fixes
- Understand ETL and reporting logic, write complex SQL queries to validate data transformations, aggregations, denormalisation, data processing and generation of automated reports.
- Data profiling
- Identify and analyse data discrepancies, data quality issues and work to ensure data consistency and integrity among different systems
- Create and maintain test plans and automated test scripts
- Maintain a strong working relationship with the data warehouse development team
- Coordinate testing activities with the QA team, product/project management and development to ensure delivery timelines and satisfy business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- Previous QA experience
- Strong SQL skills and previous experience with RDBMS (Postgres is preferable)
- Experience searching for data discrepancies
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and be self-driven
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork abilities with QA and development teams.
- Analytical and user experience thinking. Attention to detail is the base of the job
- Proven ability of troubleshooting and investigation techniques
- Pragmatic with a strong focus on delivery of business value
- Open-minded and willing to learn new technologies
- Flexible and open to change
- Planning and organization: strong time management and organizational skills, ability to prioritize own tasks
- Target-driven (including resilience and stress management) and able to remain focused on goals even while under pressure and to maintain an effective work pace despite challenges
- Enthusiastic, dedicated and willing to learn
The following skills are a plus:
- Knowledge of data warehousing, understanding of data warehouse design, data marts
- Experience of working in fintech companies
- Understanding of ETL, practical knowledge of ETL tools (SSIS, Informatica, Talend, Pentaho etc.)
- Knowledge of Python or Java
- Experience with database procedural languages, preferably PL/pgS.
- Flat hierarchies and the opportunity to have an impact, irrespective of your job description.
- Convenient location in the heart of Mitte at U-Bahn Oranienburger Tor.
- All the startup swag you expect: kicker table, table tennis, beer in the fridge, and more!
- Our office has a strong sense of community; we get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, soccer, and yoga.
- Our team comes from more than 30 different countries, creating a fun, international environment.
If you want to know what it’s like to work at SumUp, check out our careers page at https://sumup.com/careers or email email@example.com
We are looking forward to receiving your application!Link: https://sumup.workable.com/