Scientific Developer / Data Science Engineer - Recommender Systems
We are looking for a talented Scientific Developer to join our Berlin office.
You will be joining our team that is responsible for development and maintenance of our recommender system. Our team mission is to deliver personalized adverts that benefit both our advertisers and their clients in a fun and supportive environment.
What you’ll be doing:
• Researching new algorithms to support the real time and offline components of our recommender system.
• Prototyping and testing the performance of different algorithms for product recommendations using industry standard metrics.
• Development, maintenance, testing and deployment of the applications that make up our recommendation engine.
• Experience with Machine Learning/ Statistical Algorithms/ Predictive Modeling – Boosting Techniques, Decision Trees, Random Forests, Logistic Regression, Neural Nets, SVM, Clustering Techniques (k-means, DBSCAN, Affinity Propagation, etc), Optimization Techniques – Non Linear Programming, Genetic Algorithms, Gradient Boosting, etc.
• Experience in C, C++ or D as well as scripting languages like Python, Apache Spark, Scala, etc. is ideal.
• Experience in big data handling would be preferred.
• Degree in Computer Science or related is a bonus.