Mister Spex is Europe‘s largest online optician. Revolutionizing the eyewear industry, we offer the largest selection of branded eyewear available, better prices and all the service you need through our online driven multichannel approach.
We have a passion for a customer centric, data driven and agile business building approach and are looking for people who share our vision and culture. Our Berlin tech department is home to 100+ people who are working on a shopping experience that is more than just e-commerce.
We in the BI team help to connect the dots in the company, by combining all the necessary data sources to create a customer centric DWH serving various departments with their KPIs, reports, and Ad hoc analysis.
Be enthusiastic in modelling a traditional Data Warehouse driven by commercial numbers but at the same time passionate about using and developing Azure services to drive our future BI stack.
- Yearly voucher for a pair of glasses and up to 40% discount on our products
- Relocation assistance and help with costs and visa
- 50% subsidy for public transport
- Highly skilled colleagues building innovative systems
- Flexible working hours, 10 days paid vacation for childcare and sabbatical options
- Warm and international culture based on respect, collaboration and giving your ideas a spotlight!
- Consult with the business and gather requirements to maintain and improve the existing BI solution.
- Understand KPIs for the needs of various departments and program them for daily availability.
- Build ETL and ELT pipelines to integrate data from internal and external partners.
- Understand and connect various data sources through ETL processes and scripts.
- Aggregate and combine data to shape the central Data warehouse
- Develop T-SQL code to query complex database environments.
- Develop a data model that allows accurate and consistent reporting and self-service analysis.
- Development and maintain database systems, specifically Microsoft SQL Server databases.
- Proactively improve processes, monitoring and troubleshooting our BI solutions
- 4 years of experience as a BI/DWH developer
- Strong T-SQL / SQL skills, with proven ability to code effectively
- Practiced and proficient in ETL procedures, data migration, integration, or data quality concepts
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft BI solutions: SQL Management Studio, SSIS, SSAS (tabular and multidimensional) is required
- Knowledge of Azure, cloud environment, basic administration, and troubleshooting is required
- Speak English fluently
- Able to work independently with extreme user-orientation