We are offering you an interesting and challenging role as a Big Data Engineer (f/m) contributing directly to the development of algorithms in the field of autonomous driving. Data-driven software solutions are at the core of the autonomous driving project, serving agile feature teams that develop sophisticated algorithms for environment perception, situation analysis and driving strategy selection.
As a Senior Big Data Engineer (f/m) you will contribute your ideas and knowledge in designing and implementing solutions for ingestion, storage, retrieval and analysis of data from test vehicles that is used to train machine learning models as well as for functional validation. In addition, you will support machine learning scientists to scale their algorithms to big data.
In your daily work, you will find yourself in an international and interdisciplinary environment and collaborate intensively with our high-tech industry partners. Our brand-new Autonomous Driving Campus offers the infrastructure you need to work productively and focus on the software for the automobile of the future.
- A university degree in Computer Science or a comparable qualification.
- Advanced industrial experience on the Hadoop ecosystem (e.g. Yarn, MapReduce, Spark, HBase, Kafka, etc.).
- Expert knowledge in software development in at least one of the following languages: Java, Python, Scala.
- Deep knowledge in distributed processing principles and frameworks.
- Background in data analytics and experience in modelling complex big data architectures is a plus.
- Working experience in automotive data processing is a plus.
- Experience in working according to agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum, LeSS).
- Business-fluent English.