For our location in Berlin we are looking for a (Senior) Data Engineer (m/w).
Are you into finding hidden treasures in legacy databases with cloud-based analytical tools? Welcome to the team!
Digital strategies and concepts only have value if they are implemented successfully. As a member of our Design & Engineering Team, you validate business and process innovations for our global customers by developing prototypes and MVPs. Together with colleagues from the Boston Consulting Group, you will work in an agile way on frequently changing topics.
As a Data Engineer, you will be leveraging big data, machine learning and traditional technologies and tools to analyze, process and aggregate customer data. In addition, you will proactively find solutions to the challenges that come with complex data structures and mature legacy environments while continuing to develop your own abilities at the same time. When you start at the senior level you will guide your colleagues.
The creative opportunities available to you
• Analysis of customer requirements and coordination of analytical objectives
• Collection, aggregation, transformation and reduction of data
• Identification of new interconnections and business improvement potentials
• Development of applications for data visualization and navigation
• Implementation of algorithms for machine learning
• Connection of backend systems and integration platforms
• Use of cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure
• Processing of tasks in international SCRUM teams on your own responsibility (at the senior level you will also guide other team members)
• Experience with the modeling, design and implementation of databases as well as data analysis and query languages (e.g., SQL, NoSQL)
• Experience in the big data environment and with cloud technologies and products
• Experience with frameworks for system integration
• At least two years of relevant professional experience, at the senior level we expect five years
• Appropriate training or studies in a relevant area (e.g., computer science)
• Knowledge and experience with functional programming languages (e.g., Lisp, Clojure) as well as advanced query languages (e.g., GraphQL) are an advantage
Do you have a professional appearance, a pronounced team spirit and the ability to communicate confidently in English? Are you open-minded with a strong desire for innovation and able to cope with the pressure of deadlines? Are you prepared to travel from time to time? If so, we offer you excellent opportunities for development on projects of strategic importance, a young, diverse and motivated team, appreciation and responsibility from day one, as well as an attractive remuneration package.
We look forward to receiving your application through our online portal. Any further questions? Please feel free to contact Mike Stertz, firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone number +49 (0)221 5895 8324Link: http://karriere.bcgplatinion.de/