Delivery Hero is building the next generation global online food-delivery platform.
We’re a truly global team, working across 45 countries to ensure our customers are able to find, order and receive their favourite food in the fastest way possible. Since we started our journey in 2011, Delivery Hero has become the world’s largest food-delivery network, and we’re focused on a culture of growth, in both size and opportunities.
If you’re an enthusiastic, innovative problem solver, hungry for a new adventure, an exciting job and an international workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
- Design, implement and maintain a business-facing data infrastructure that will support our company’s data-driven business philosophy.
- Develop and maintain ETL processing pipelines for batch and near-real-time data ingestion and sharing.
- Provide a reliable and flexible platform for Payment-related analytics, reporting and machine learning workflows.
- Extract data from various third-party tools and APIs, e.g. Google BigQuery, Adyen, PayPal and others.
- Write documentation for your scripts as well as for internal knowledge sharing.
- Proactively make suggestions for how the team can leverage new technologies and architectures to improve the data platform.
Your heroic skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field, e.g. computer science, mathematics, physics or engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering.
- Expert knowledge of SQL.
- Experience with column-oriented databases and optimization techniques thereof (preferably AWS Redshift).
- Experience with distributed job schedulers (preferably Airflow).
- Very good knowledge of an object-oriented language (preferably Python or Java).
- Good knowledge of Linux platforms and scripting capabilities (bash/zsh).
- Experience with database administration.
- Good English communication skills.
- Creative problem-solving abilities and an eye for detail.
- Independent and rigorous working style.
- You are a team player and love to think outside the box.
- Payments and FinTech experience (e.g card schemes, PSPs, acquirers, APMs) is a strong advantage.
We offer you:
- English is our working language, but our colleagues at Delivery Hero come from every corner of the globe providing an incredibly diverse, international working atmosphere with cross-cultural teams.
- A modern, recently refurbished office in the heart of Berlin.
- We offer flexible working hours to fit around your personal or family life in case you have to drop off your kids at kita or perhaps you just want to come in to work a little later.
- Great career opportunities following our development career plan.
- Being part of a global family under the Delivery Hero umbrella, we can offer you the safety of a large company including a pension scheme and stability.
- Moving can be stressful so to help you settle in we provide a relocation package including visa help, temporary accommodation and a budget to applicants from abroad.
- Our building has several kitchens where you’ll find fresh fruit, cereals, juice/ drinks, tea, coffee, etc.
- On nearly every floor you’ll find a kicker or table tennis (or a lounge, and even a nap room) for when you need to take a break.
- Being a food-ordering company, in between playing and working hard, we provide a generous number of monthly vouchers to use for ordering food on our platforms when you get the munchies.
- Sprichst du kein Deutsch? No worries, we provide German classes for those expats who want to expedite their integration.
- We know that experience at the office with interesting and diverse problems, colleagues and technologies isn’t the only way to learn, so our employees get an education budget to attend conferences or trainings locally or around Europe to satisfy their pursuit of knowledge.
- Every Friday we have a team integration, when we just stop working earlier, grab a beer and relax with colleagues.
- Sometimes we just enjoy our times together with team events and company events.
Have we caught your attention? Then please send us your application including cover letter, CV, salary expectations and earliest starting date. We’re looking forward to your application!Link: https://www.deliveryhero.com/career/