At HelloFresh, our mission is to change the way people eat - forever. From our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub Berlin, we’ve become the global market leader in the meal kit and inspire millions of energized home cooks across the globe every week.
10 countries, operating from offices in Berlin, New York City, Sydney, Toronto, London and Amsterdam. Our team of 4,000 people is extremely passionate about innovation, fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Our Engineering, Data, Product and Security teams are located in Berlin and New York and are critical to what we do. From procurement tools, to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services, and add-on upselling features, we are working on challenging problems and delivering real financial impact.
You can get a taste of what we’ve been doing by checking out our tech blog .
About the job
As a Senior Data Engineer at HelloFresh, you are looking to build a robust and highly performant data platform using cutting-edge technologies. You want to develop distributed services that process data in batch and real-time with focus on scalability, data quality and business requirements. You want the opportunity to work on challenging data related problems, like:
- Design and build a world-class self-service data platform
- Taking end-to-end responsibility for design, build and maintenance of batch and real-time data pipelines.
- Understand and bring solutions for complex business problems
Who are we looking for
- Ability to design, implement and deliver maintainable and high quality code. Preferable with experience in Python, Scala is a nice to have.
- Experience with Apache Spark, Hive and Kafka
- Experience with Hadoop, plus distributions like EMR, Cloudera or Hortonworks
- Experience with data modeling, design patterns, building highly scalable and secured solutions
- Experience with RDBMS search for PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Experience with job orchestration tools like Airflow, Luigi or similar
- Experience with end-to-end testing of data pipelines
- Agile team-working experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
It would be beneficial if you have the following:
- Experience with Amazon AWS, DevOps and Automation
- Knowledge of visualization tools (Tableau, Grafana)
- Experience with Data Quality checks and tools
- Experience with NoSQL data stores such as MongoDB, Redis or Cassandra
- Experience with productionalizing machine learning model
What we offer
- Relocation assistance to Berlin and visa application support
- Competitive compensation
- Significant reduction on our meal kits
- Annual learning and development budget
- Sabbatical policy
- Work in our office located in the heart of Berlin
- A diverse and vibrant international environment
- Free weekly classes in German, compensation for advanced German classes, in-house lecture series and knowledge sharing programs, discounts for our neighboring gyms & urban sports clubs, free weekly yoga classes, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines)
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on one of the fastest growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
Are you up for a challenge?
Please submit your complete application including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.Link: https://www.hellofresh.de/careers/