Are you passionate about creatively using technology? Do you want the chance to work with databases operating at 1012 scale? Our Hadoop development team is looking for a skilled developer and expert on systems level who can help build and maintain our big data architecture. We want someone who can not only use but also build a complex Hadoop cluster and data pipeline infrastructure. Interested? Apply today!
What you’ll do:
- As an expert in your field, you will design, implement and maintain data integration- and data warehouse-based solutions using Hadoop in streaming environments.
- Continuously improve our algorithms and approaches. On this note we encourage thinking outside the box and want our developers to challenge the status quo.
- Ensure the solutions being defined are reusable and follow standard design patterns and architecture principles of Hadoop.
- Collaborate with and provide technical consultation to other Software Development, Operations, Product and Business Intelligence teams to define deliverables and plans.
What you’ll need:
- Has some experience in OOP using Java and other languages.
- Has some experience setting up and running Hadoop clusters utilizing the whole Hadoop infrastructure.
- Has experience in concurrent programming and complex algorithms.
- Has experience in engineering and administrating large-scale distributed systems in production environments and is able to model complex data structures.
- Has an understanding of configuration management systems and their concepts for mass configuration. Knowledge of GNU/Linux and networking (L2/L3) would be a plus.
- Holds a university degree in Computer Science.
- Is comfortable communicating in English (our company language). German language skills would also be a plus.
- Can start as soon as possible.
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes, flat search and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/