Sumup is a successful and fast growing company that operates in many countries and empowers merchants to accept card payments in an easy and convenient way and wake up the entrepreneur within anyone. At the beginning of 2018 we were named the fastest growing company in Europe and we won’t stop there. Already we operate in over 30 countries, with new countries added every year on our path to become the first global card acceptance company in the world. With offices in Europe, North- and South-America we have a great multicultural and diverse atmosphere, a productive environment and great collaboration.
We develop hard- and software, which allows small merchants to accept card payments anywhere. Whether our merchants are brewing coffee or fixing cars, we want to make technology that everyone knows how to use. Therefore our merchants can get on with what they do best. From our paperless onboarding to taking the first payment, we make it easy. Traditional offerings leave out small businesses, we don’t. We are open and honest about our pricing and have no hidden fees.
We are currently looking for a Senior Data Engineer, who would help us to build a scalable data platform for analytics and data science applications, and bring new knowledge and experience to the team.
- Interface with product owners, engineers, BI and operation analysts to understand data needs.
- Design and implement big data solution for complex analytics and data science applications.
- Build distributed and reliable data pipelines that ingest and process data at scale.
- Evaluate, benchmark and improve the scalability, robustness, efficiency and performance of big data platform, data pipelines and applications.
- Own product features from the requirements gathering phase through to production deployment and testing.
- 3-5+ years of experience
- Consistent track record of designing and implementing scalable, performant data pipelines, data services, and data products.
- Experience in building high quality software. Very good skills in Python. Scala or R is a plus
- Experience using big data technologies (Redshift, Hadoop, Spark, Dask etc.)
- Experience of development data pipelines using Airflow, Kafka, Spark streaming
- Experience with production deployment using Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible
- Experience with cloud computing platforms
- Experience in development data science and machine learning applications is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills
- Budget for attending conferences and advancing your career. We encourage you to speak at conferences and give talks!
- SumUp Corporate Pension Scheme
- German classes
- Yoga classes
- Weekly Lunch and Learn session, where the local engineering team exchanges ideas over company-sponsored lunch.
- Dedicated time every week for side-projects and open source initiatives.
- Semi-annual off-sites, where the tech teams from Berlin, Sofia, and São Paulo gather together. In the past we’ve gone to Bulgaria and Greece and a castle in the German countryside.
- We have a close, welcoming and international community. We get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, football, office parties, German classes, and yoga.
- All the startup swag you expect: kicker table, unlimited coffee, and a shiny MacBook Pro.