As a Senior Data Engineer at Zenjob you will transform all of our business requirements into innovative Business Intelligence solutions, which effectively support our business. The focus of this role is data modeling for data warehousing. You are responsible for the development of the ETL code. Furthermore, you will deploy and monitor all data products including DWH, ETL Framework, and Data Streaming. We would like you to develop and deploy a Cloud based infrastructure (AWS) as a valid solution. If you would like to join a friendly team, with limitless potential and an open-minded future driven mindset, you are welcome to join.
To be successful in this position the most important thing is to live our values #humble, #honest, #helpful and #hungry. So we are looking for a data driven team player.We don’t hire on special tools, but here you will find what we are looking for from the skill side of view:
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing and maintaining a full stack Data Warehouse solution (RDBMS).
- Studies in Computer Science with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in data modeling for analytical databases as a basis for BI visualization tools (e.g. Power BI) is required.
- ETL (incl. PL/pgSQL, Python, Bash), agile working and Data Streaming experience (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis) are must-haves.
- Database Development and Administration Knowledge based on open source technologies (e.g. PostgreSQL) is a plus.
- Experience in optimizing SQL queries for performance is a must. Proficiency in building real time data flows is a plus.
- Reliability and consistency in your ability to deliver on commitments; meeting time-lines and anticipating business teams’ needs.
- Fluent in English.
Our perks are
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation support
- A yearly conference budget
- Subsidised FitX membership (in our building)
- Free German and English language courses
- Great coffee, fruit and drinks
- Catered lunch every Friday
- Engineering Mondays and bi-monthly Hackathons
- Awesome office environment (ping pong, foosball, board games, library of tech books)
- Up to date equipment - Macbook Pro 15”, Dual 24” Dell monitors, standing desk
- Dog and family friendly office
If this sounds good, then we’d love to hear from youLink: http://www.zenjob.de/careers/