Is data and tech things that make you excited? Do you see data as being an essential part of problem-solving? At AMBOSS you can apply your knowledge and passion to build a data platform that helps to drive our mission forward, improving healthcare for billions. If this sounds like your cup of tea then continue reading because we are looking for you as our Senior Data Engineer!
Market and user growth along with product expansion means we continuously encounter new engineering challenges across all different fields, especially in regard to data. This is why we’re expanding our data foundations team.
The data foundation team at AMBOSS is dedicated to building a world-class data and insights platform that serves the business and our users. Our vision is to enable AMBOSS to become the best company in the world leveraging data and insights to drive the business forward. Our data platform is used by over 150 internal stakeholders to make data-driven decisions and makes it easy to efficiently produce, manage and consume high-quality data for analysts and stakeholders.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Design, build and continuously improve the AMBOSS data platform to enable other teams to make data-driven decisions, automate their data workflows and increase reliability of their data.
- Work closely with your team, the data chapter leads and the CTO to plan and build sustainable technical solutions that address business data needs.
- Build and maintain our event and real time data pipelines and overall data architecture.
- Some examples of current challenges are to revamp our data warehouse schema versioning and deployment, integrating Segment schema validation to our real time pipeline, provide a data quality stack for all other chapters that covers everything from raw data to anomaly detection
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- 6+ years of practical experience in engineering, at least three years related to data
- Passion for data, experience building and working with data architectures that handle terabytes of data and billions of events per month in real-time and batch.
- Broad and deep experience in data technologies, know one thing very well, and a lot of the rest a little (we currently use Python, Scala, Go, Kafka, Airflow, BigQuery, TensorFlow, ElasticSearch, MySQL, Kubernetes and many more).
- Experience working across different cloud data stacks. You stay up to date on new developments and can drive our data stack forward.
- You’re a team player and were part of hiring, coaching and mentoring data peers.
- Having worked in a data analyst or scientist role, having a good understanding of machine learning is a plus.
THE AMBOSS PRESCRIPTION
- Set your own biological clock: Make use of our flextime and home office options.
- Keep the haemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a sponsored gym membership.
- Need more serotonin? Get involved in our monthly team events, game nights, and weekly language lunches.
- Keep those synapses firing: Profit from ongoing learning opportunities with our educational seminars, “crosstalks”, and development programs.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Dig into freshly cooked lunches, healthy snacks, and wash it all down with the help of an amazing Italian espresso machine.
- Your doctor recommends time off your feet? Our mobility perks have you covered with a yearly public transportation card.
- Want a little extra exercise? Then choose the sponsored bike instead of the public transportation card.
- Reduce that childcare-associated cortisol build-up: Bring your child along to our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed, or use it to bridge the gap until you find a Kita spot.