As a part of Amadeus, travel audience unit is the world’s leading data-driven travel advertising platform. Travel audience harnesses the power of home-grown tech, combined with cutting-edge machine learning practices to connect the leading performance-oriented travel brands with the biggest network of publishers, reaching Billions of travellers globally.
Our aim is to optimize advertising across the entire traveler journey, identify and create new audiences, and increase our partners’ reach, relevance, and booking volumes.
We are searching for a Software Data Engineer to join our Data Engineering team. You will be building a platform that models the universe of a traveler and provides seamless integrations with our partners. You will be developing the infrastructure to monitor the quality and availability of our data sources, track data lineage, and provide consistent data. You will adapt and employ state-of-the-art technologies.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll be working on the core part of the travel audience data platform, modeling the universe of a traveler and providing seamless integrations with our partners;
- You’ll be dealing with data volumes up to 100k events/second, which should be processed in near real-time;
- You’ll be part of a team responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of our data processing pipelines;
- You’ll help the Data Scientists and Data Analysts, providing them with access to the data and support them in analyzing, training, and deploying machine-learning models;
- You’ll own the full development and operations cycle of a product.
- You love Scala or are willing to learn it;
- You are a data or backend engineer who designed and developed production-grade distributed data systems;
- Ideally (but it is not a must!), you have practical experience with distributed data processing frameworks (such as Spark, Beam, Flink);
- You care deeply about software best practices and are dedicated to ensuring quality via testing, benchmarking, and peer reviews;
- You have experience of using a pub/sub or message queue technology such as Kafka;
- You understand the theory behind different database technologies and data storage practices enough to make informed choices and match appropriate technologies to a given use case;
- You dedicate yourself to continue learning and improving and you enjoy helping others grow around you;
- You’re eager to understand the business logic of the company and the meaning of the data we work with;
- You feel at home collaborating in a workplace which is international, diverse, evolving, and continually innovating.
As part of our team, you will work in a highly motivated environment, with equal opportunities, flat hierarchies, and short decision-making processes. You’ll have a lot of freedom to contribute your own ideas and implement them. You will be a part of a diverse team with a strong sense of ownership that always goes beyond to make an impact while constantly learning and being truly passionate about Travel.
- Drive innovation and develop tech solutions that bring value to our customers, and to make an impact on both the business and the market;
- Join a fast-paced industry that is evolving every day while being backed by Amadeus, the biggest travel tech company in the world;
- Be a part of an innovative environment where you are encouraged to research, explore, and try new ways of doing things;
- Learn and develop – we offer a personalized approach to your development that combines a wide range of tools and programs, such as mentoring and coaching;
- Enjoy your work-life balance – we provide Urban Sports Club membership, sabbatical options, certified experts in mental health, and many more;
- We got you covered - we offer visa and relocation support and assist you on other location-related topics along your journey with us;
- Pick your hardware – we will set you up with the equipment you select for your daily working needs;
- Smooth start - our extensive onboarding program and regular Team events facilitate your integration into our culture;
- Make the most of our Travel perks - we offer travel insurance for you and your family, and a travel industry card with lots of benefits to explore;
- Share company’s success – we offer a competitive bonus scheme and stock purchase options that every member can participate in.
At travel audience, we do not make hiring or employment decisions based on race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we celebrate diversity and create a healthy environment based on mutual respect and care.
We are awaiting your application and looking forward to starting our journey together!Link: https://travelaudience.com/careers/